2011 gt exhaust ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 gt exhaust ?

just picked up my 2011 gt premium grabber blue 6 speed 3.73 gears..car is a beast..
    i want your oppinion on exhaust....
    what should i get...im 47 years old and dont want the super loud exhaust...what would sound nice but not too loud...
    i had flowmaster exle back on my 07 gt and liked the way it sounded..
    i know the 5.0 is a different motor...give your thoughts

thanks

Is it your "daily"? That could make a difference.

Comment

Magnaflow Comp. Axle back! takes 20-30mins to do and the car sounds mean but is very quiet at cruise... but when you rip on it it's like Gone in 60 Seconds!

Lonestar Performance in Addison

Comment

Oh and It's my wifes daily driver

Comment

You tube search for 2011 mustang exhaust...

I'm happy with the flowmaster 40 series on my 04, (loud at WOT, quiet when not) but they don't have them for the 11 yet. I believe the American Thunder series that is out for the 11 is the "drone-master" version...

Comment

flowmaster 40 series

Originally posted by DOHCTR
            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

You want to go with the flowmaster "Hushpower" series. You gain power, but not a whole lot of sound. They actually flow just as much as most performance mufflers. Then you can do a whole exhaust and gain some power. Just not the sound.

Comment

^This

Too many people out there with loud crappy sounding exhausts on their mustangs these days.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                  flowmaster 40 series
                  I love them on my '95, but didn't know how they would sound on a new one.

Comment

I think axlebacks are a waste................

My buddy did a muffler delete and left the hpipe... and it sounds just like if it were to have magnaflows... cost him $60

But, to each his own...
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm doing magnaflow comp series catback n xpipe will be on within a week I'll have to report back and let you know how it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                        You want to go with the flowmaster "Hushpower" series. You gain power, but not a whole lot of sound. They actually flow just as much as most performance mufflers. Then you can do a whole exhaust and gain some power. Just not the sound.
                        My brother in law got this for his 2011 Mustang 5.0 but has not installed it yet.

USAUTOPARTS.COM had it the cheapest and here is a 20% of coupon code. I think it expires tonight. Enter code HOLIDAYBONUS ends at midnight 12/28

Originally posted by OsoSlow View Post
                        I think axlebacks are a waste................

My buddy did a muffler delete and left the hpipe... and it sounds just like if it were to have magnaflows... cost him $60

But, to each his own...
                        These sound great on the 05-09 Mustangs. Great sound on acceleration, a little bit louder than stock at idle. In the car is just like stock until you go WOT.... then it just sounds badass. We have done this on my wife's 09 GT and my dad's 09 Roush 427 R (supercharged) and we all love it and get compliments constantly.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

There several exhaust threads on Modular Fords in the 2011 forum. I've seen one on the Hushpower and one on the bassani and there are probably more.
                          2011 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS
                          99 Trans Am
                          69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

Well the magnaflow sounds great def loud!! But just what I wanted :0

Comment

You have a pm numbnuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X