A Little Help with my 94 GT Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Help with my 94 GT Please

Okay so since I got the the 94 GT I have been fighting a few things and I'm hoping yall can help me out with it.

The car is a Bone Stock 94 GT 5 speed. The only upgrades are a Hypertech Chip and a 4 Core Aluminum Radiator and a B&M Shifter.

It was running rough and wanting to die after coming off a rev. I went to the Zone and had the codes checked. It came back with:

Misfire in Cylinder #8
    Bad EGR Valve (I have since found that the EGR system was removed and blocked off)
    Vacuum Leak on Left Bank

I was told to pull and take pics of the #8 plug on another forum so i did and got this:

I went ahead and replaced all the plugs and they were all a mirror image of the #8 plug I took a pic of, so what does this mean?

Then I was driving and learnt that if I push in the clutch and gave it a little tap before the revs came down it would not die when I stopped. It still idles rough but stays running.

Today I checked the water and oil before I ran into town and found that the oil looked fine but after I pulled the Rad cap I found this:

So what do you guys think about all of this? It does run rough at Idle but at full throttle it seems to have full power.
    That MF'er is prolly so fast it would be like riding a big giant can of rape named bubba just outta prison set free in a girls college dorm.

I can also tell you that the car never overheats and if you tap the throttle after pushing in the clutch while coming to a stop the car will catch itself before it dies and just run rough till you go again.
    That MF'er is prolly so fast it would be like riding a big giant can of rape named bubba just outta prison set free in a girls college dorm.

Comment

looks like the previous owner put a bunch of that stop leak crap into the radiator. id flush the entire cooling system, find the leak and fix it and see if it runs better.

Comment

Thats just rust in the cooling system flush the fuck out of it . Spray the wires down with water and see if you see a arc . If no arc spray around with b12 to find the vacuum leak . Stumbling when coming down to a idle sounds like a slow iac valve or dirty throttle body .
        The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

sounds like IACV.
          1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
            Thats just rust in the cooling system flush the fuck out of it . Spray the wires down with water and see if you see a arc . If no arc spray around with b12 to find the vacuum leak . Stumbling when coming down to a idle sounds like a slow iac valve or dirty throttle body .
            Its for sure not rust, Its like a puddy or mud.

Comment

Here is what I'm thinking, the ONLY mod on the car is an Upgraded Radiator. I'm wondering if the car had an over heating problem so someone swapped out the radiator then found out it was losing coolant and put some "fix all" in the cooling system to cover up a blown head gasket or busted intake gasket.

I mean at full throttle it seems fine but at idle there is really a miss of some kind.

Comment

Working...
              X