Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky leather (pleather?) steering wheel fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky leather (pleather?) steering wheel fix?

Any hope short of getting it recovered?

NOS steering wheel cover/floormat combo bro!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I don't know of any fixes once it gets deteriorated to that point other than pay to have it professionally re-covered or do as Elvis suggested.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

not sure what brand/model we're talking about, but once steering wheels start getting funky, I just replace them

my 08 super duty wheel was kinda scuzzy and stained on top where the previous owner rested their hand. bought a new one from TASCA parts and it felt like a whole new truck
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Forrest I found a wheel for my 150 on the tascaparts site.. is removing the air bag and all that shit pretty easy? does the wiring use clips or do i have to cut and solder?

Comment

Air bag is plug and play. Not sure how it's attached on your particular truck, but it can be tricky if you've never done it on mine. My buddy showed me and now I could do one in 10 minutes. I didn't even use a puller to get the wheel off. Getting the airbag back on was kinda tricky. It had to go back on perfectly straight or you'd have to remove it and try again. Really not too bad, and I think the wheel cost me like $300 from TASCA. Friggin' junkyards wanted $200 for wheels that were in worse shape than mine!

Comment

So you put the old one on Ebay?

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              Air bag is plug and play. Not sure how it's attached on your particular truck, but it can be tricky if you've never done it on mine. My buddy showed me and now I could do one in 10 minutes. I didn't even use a puller to get the wheel off. Getting the airbag back on was kinda tricky. It had to go back on perfectly straight or you'd have to remove it and try again. Really not too bad, and I think the wheel cost me like $300 from TASCA. Friggin' junkyards wanted $200 for wheels that were in worse shape than mine!

Comment

threw it away... no time for such peasantry

Comment

threw it away... no time for such peasantry

Comment

Thanks guys. Its on an 08 Chrysler Aspen(durango). Ill probably just go the replacement route. Dealer wanted something like $500 bucks but just found that online shops have it for 300 ish so thats more bearable.....or ill get the NOS cover

Anyone have experience with an upholstery/car custom interior shop re-wrapping it?

Comment

Rewrap will be 2-300. My original f150 wheel was that crappy plastic. American Stiches did it for around 250 with additional padding. Still looks great after 6 years. I dont think they're in business anymore.

Comment

I did as ELVIS suggested. Amazed at the results

Comment

not sure what brand/model we're talking about, but once steering wheels start getting funky, I just replace them

my 08 super duty wheel was kinda scuzzy and stained on top where the previous owner rested their hand. bought a new one from TASCA parts and it felt like a whole new truck
                          How are you liking the super duty?

Dylan
                          Detailing by Dylan
                          817-494-3396
                          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                            How are you liking the super duty?

Dylan
                            love it. been averaging just over 3k miles a month in it

Comment

Working...
                            X