Looking for some Pedestal Mount Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some Pedestal Mount Heads

Looking for a good set of Pedelstal Mount heads for my 93 Speed Density Coupe with stock cam

As I posted in a thread my coupe had a ton of Oil Sludge under the Valve Covers & after alot of scraping & having the motor down I think the best way to fix my Oil Sludge problem is to at least pull the heads off & clean the lower Intake out & I think the stock heads are just junk at this point. The Valve springs had oil caked all over them as well. Which made me think maybe this is why it didnt ever really rev out to 5000 rpms. It felt like it would pull to 4200 & then go to 5000 RPMS just from staying on the gas. But it didnt feel like it pulled.

This is my first head swap on a Foxbody. I have gone as far as pulling The Upper Intake off & pulling the Valve Covers & changing Rockers & stabbing my own Distributor & setting the timing

What heads would work well with a stock cam & Holley Systmax Intake & full Bolt Ons along with Longtubes.

Im thinking a set of GT40s would be the best bang for the buck! But want to gain some HP & lose some weight off the front of the car. Im also going to move the Battery to the back of the car for less weight on the front

Here are the pics of the heads before I cleaned them.

Last edited by SEB; 03-18-2014, 02:33 PM.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

ditch the holleysystemax intake. unless you plan on getting a real nice expensive pedastal mount head. if you are looking for something like gt40's that intake is way to "big" for those low range of heads, you will be leaving alot of torque on the table. plus that intake is heavy as fuck. trade or sell it for a trickflow street heat pr performer intake. hell a cobra or explorer intake would be better.

good luck. and buy some headers too!

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
      ditch the holleysystemax intake. unless you plan on getting a real nice expensive pedastal mount head. if you are looking for something like gt40's that intake is way to "big" for those low range of heads, you will be leaving alot of torque on the table. plus that intake is heavy as fuck. trade or sell it for a trickflow street heat pr performer intake. hell a cobra or explorer intake would be better.

good luck. and buy some headers too!
      Well gonna try & pick these up for $700 shipped http://forums.corral.net/forums/wind...t40-heads.html

Yeah the Upper Half of this Systmax Intake is like lifting weights, Im gonna run it though, Just wanted to get some Alum Heads for it. AFR has some 185 in Pedestal Mount. But they are $1600 shipped. Way out of my price range, But im sure they would work good with the Intake. Just not sure I need that nice of a set of Alum Heads since im running the stock cam with just some 1.7s

Oh & it has Shortys Now, But im switching to BBK Longtubes & Mac Pro Chamber with Flowmaster catback
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Also thinking about these,http://forums.corral.net/forums/wind...-e303-cam.html But the guy has no trader feedback on Corral & worried about doing business with him
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Are these to much head for a stock cam http://forums.corral.net/forums/wind...ted-heads.html
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
            Are these to much head for a stock cam http://forums.corral.net/forums/wind...ted-heads.html
            i would buy these. im currently running the same heads unported on my setup, but i built my motor for torque. get those and 1.6's on the intake/1.7's on the exhaust and you will be good with that stock cam. hell i had a tfs stage 1(tiny cam) with those heads and made 298rwhp with a dual plane carb intake and a bad #6cylinder even if its 100bucks more than those gt40's its worth it for the weight savings alone. thats 50lbs off the front of the car bro.

Comment

Also thinking about these,http://forums.corral.net/forums/wind...-e303-cam.html But the guy has no trader feedback on Corral & worried about doing business with him
              With less than 10 post and a user name with "Mike" that has foxbody parts for sale, I would probably stay away.
              Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

those heads are shitty anyway

Comment

i would buy these. im currently running the same heads unported on my setup, but i built my motor for torque. get those and 1.6's on the intake/1.7's on the exhaust and you will be good with that stock cam. hell i had a tfs stage 1(tiny cam) with those heads and made 298rwhp with a dual plane carb intake and a bad #6cylinder even if its 100bucks more than those gt40's its worth it for the weight savings alone. thats 50lbs off the front of the car bro.
                  He just texted me back that they are sold! Gonna pick up a decent set of heads though as I plan on keeping this coupe for a long time considering how clean it is. Might have to ass off the $1600 for the AFRs

But man thats damn good 298 RWHP with a Bad Cylinder! Im shooting for 300 RWHP & 360+ RWTQ since its a street car that gets daily driven somtimes. Also have the 1.7s & 1.6s that I was gonna run on this setup
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

He just texted me back that they are sold! Gonna pick up a decent set of heads though as I plan on keeping this coupe for a long time considering how clean it is. Might have to ass off the $1600 for the AFRs

But man thats damn good 298 RWHP with a Bad Cylinder! Im shooting for 300 RWHP & 360+ RWTQ since its a street car that gets daily driven somtimes.
                    you prolly wont get there with the stock cam n/a but you can get close.

Comment

just buy these. they are brand spankin new and work great for your setup. also edelbrock uses pretty good hardware compared to the other crappy brands in the under a $1000 price range.

Comment

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-5023/

just buy these. they are brand spankin new and work great for your setup. also edelbrock uses pretty good hardware compared to the other crappy brands in the under a $1000 price range.
                        I just looked & couldnt see if these are Stud or Pedestal Mount
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I just looked & couldnt see if these are Stud or Pedestal Mount
                          i just spend 20mins with my guy at summit racing and he says they are stud mount afterall. the only head we could find worth a shit that you would not have to upgrade and still runs the pedestal style rocker are these

keep in mind that price is for each not both. but that is 1200bux so honestly id just look for a pair of those used since they are around or some old trickflow 170's with the pedestal mount desgin since they dont make them used. KEEP in MIND that any other head that isnt a twisted wedge you can only use 1.90 intake valves on those stock pistons EVEN with the stock cam.

Comment

i just spend 20mins with my guy at summit racing and he says they are stud mount afterall. the only head we could find worth a shit that you would not have to upgrade and still runs the pedestal style rocker are these

keep in mind that price is for each not both. but that is 1200bux so honestly id just look for a pair of those used since they are around or some old trickflow 170's with the pedestal mount desgin since they dont make them used. KEEP in MIND that any other head that isnt a twisted wedge you can only use 1.90 intake valves on those stock pistons EVEN with the stock cam.
                            I thought the Trickflow 170s where 1.9 - 1.56 & came Pedestal. I would convert to Stud mount. But since im running the stock cam. I just dont see the need. But this is a clean coupe & I do want a set of nice heads on it.

Im thinking the AFR 165 Pedestal Mount heads for $1436 are gonna be my best bet & maybe hit my 300 RWHP & 360 RWTQ goal. Keep in mind this is a Speed Denisty car staying N/A & the 165 come in 60cc perfect for my setup. From what I understand Speed Density cars run better N/A then Mass Air cars & also respond better to a Dry shot.
                            Last edited by SEB; 08-19-2012, 11:09 AM.
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Found this, 400 HP Stock cam http://www.airflowresearch.com/artic...le087/A-P1.htm
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                              X