aluminator block from ford racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aluminator block from ford racing

it suppose to be "affordable". any body know how much the short block is for a 2v?

i found it here. i guess im looking for two things

1. anyone seen it cheaper?

2. what are ya'lls thoughts on it?

i read an article in it was singing its praises and made 600 rwhp with their procharger so it got me thinking.

Comment

what are you trying to accomplish?!?! whats your goal? i see a lot of threads asking different questions about various builds and it seems like your all over the place.
      figure out the direction you wanna go the do it..

as for the aluminator there's plenty of other blocks out there or stroker motors that are less and can give you the same or even better performance.

Comment

It all comes down to what your trying to spend..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OsoSlow View Post
          It all comes down to what your trying to spend..
          trying to spend less. my thoughts is this was cheaper than an 03 04 cobra short block and cheaper than having a shop fortify my bottom end

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
            what are you trying to accomplish?!?! whats your goal? i see a lot of threads asking different questions about various builds and it seems like your all over the place.
            figure out the direction you wanna go the do it..

as for the aluminator there's plenty of other blocks out there or stroker motors that are less and can give you the same or even better performance.
            i know it seems that way for two reasons.
            1. i have 2 that im building up. believe me i dont just ask for the hell of it. one or the other is always in the shop. currently my fox is in the shop having a new clutch, fly wheel resurfaced, and trouble shooting a vibration.
            2. the other is i dont exactly know which way i'm going on the fox n20, supercharge, or turbo so that raises lots of questions but my 01 is already supercharged just with stock internals.

as far as goals. with this build 600 rwhp would be the max power i would plan to make with which ever internals i went with. its the internals them self/ block i'm trying to settle on.
            dont know which route is cheapest something like the aluminator, an 03/04 short block. or having someone fortify mine? my opinion was the second two choices would cost more than the $3500 for the aluminator and the additional $1000 or so to swap everything over? maybe im wrong? let me know

Comment

How is getting that block cheaper than an 03 cobra setup? You want 600rwhp so you spend $4,000 on a block, $3,000+ for a decent blower kit, plus however much for headwork and supporting mods...then you have a weak ass tranny trying to hold up all that power. You can find 03 cobra engine/trans used for $6,000 for both. Pulley swap and a tune and you can get 500rwhp, and throw a small shot of NO2 in it to get you closer to the 600rwhp. You're gonna have to spend a TON of money to get that kind of power out of a 2V, and who knows how good it'll even run by then? I've driven 300rwhp 2V's that drive like shit, then hopped into a 500rwhp+ 03/04 cobras that drive like any other car...minus the aftermarket clutch being a PITA to work.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                How is getting that block cheaper than an 03 cobra setup? You want 600rwhp so you spend $4,000 on a block, $3,000+ for a decent blower kit, plus however much for headwork and supporting mods...then you have a weak ass tranny trying to hold up all that power. You can find 03 cobra engine/trans used for $6,000 for both. Pulley swap and a tune and you can get 500rwhp, and throw a small shot of NO2 in it to get you closer to the 600rwhp. You're gonna have to spend a TON of money to get that kind of power out of a 2V, and who knows how good it'll even run by then? I've driven 300rwhp 2V's that drive like shit, then hopped into a 500rwhp+ 03/04 cobras that drive like any other car...minus the aftermarket clutch being a PITA to work.
                i already have everything else. including blower kit fuel system, built tranny(kinda. its bought just not installed) what i need it a stout short block. suggestions are welcome sir

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
                  i already have everything else. including blower kit fuel system, built tranny(kinda. its bought just not installed) what i need it a stout short block. suggestions are welcome sir
                  What kind of blower do you have and how much boost are you running? I know most blown 2V's are getting around 400rwhp before it starts getting iffy with the internals. How much boost are you capable of having? Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about the 2V aftermarket since it's just more cost and power efficient to go with a 4V setup, but it seems you've already spent a bunch of money and don't want that going to waste.

Just remember, there's always a cheaper and better alternative to ford racing products. You just gotta look around. I'm sure you can find somebody who's looking to sell a built long/short block if you give it some time.

Comment

What kind of blower do you have and how much boost are you running? I know most blown 2V's are getting around 400rwhp before it starts getting iffy with the internals. How much boost are you capable of having? Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about the 2V aftermarket since it's just more cost and power efficient to go with a 4V setup, but it seems you've already spent a bunch of money and don't want that going to waste.

Just remember, there's always a cheaper and better alternative to ford racing products. You just gotta look around. I'm sure you can find somebody who's looking to sell a built long/short block if you give it some time.
                    yeah. i have 400 rwhp with a vortech vs2. i ve dropped down a few pulley sizes and am making that power with stck internals and no intercooler. possible mainly because of the fuel system. 60 lbers, boost a pump, and after market fuelpump keep it from going lean. i was making 430 but blew that motor partly for being stock and partly for the car had 120k on it when i bought it bone stock and began modding it. that was over a year ago and for money reasons i put a stock replacement back in for relatively cheap and dialed the boost down.its making 12 lbs of boost currently

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
                      yeah. i have 400 rwhp with a vortech vs2. i ve dropped down a few pulley sizes and am making that power with stck internals and no intercooler. possible mainly because of the fuel system. 60 lbers, boost a pump, and after market fuelpump keep it from going lean. i was making 430 but blew that motor partly for being stock and partly for the car had 120k on it when i bought it bone stock and began modding it. that was over a year ago and for money reasons i put a stock replacement back in for relatively cheap and dialed the boost down.its making 12 lbs of boost currently
                      Any head work? At some point those heads are gonna max out if they haven't been ported. If there is no headwork, you might want to look into the Trickflow 2V heads before spending money on factory heads. People are getting 350hp N/A out of them so I assume they're flow numbers are pretty good.

Comment

Any head work? At some point those heads are gonna max out if they haven't been ported. If there is no headwork, you might want to look into the Trickflow 2V heads before spending money on factory heads. People are getting 350hp N/A out of them so I assume they're flow numbers are pretty good.
                        yeah no head work and not gonna port the stock heads. intersted in the tf heads. there just isnt any point in making more power without the bottom end from here forward

Comment

you might lookin into mmr, http://www.modularmustangracing.com/ the homepage is listing a 750hp short block for $2399 free shipping right now.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                            you might lookin into mmr, http://www.modularmustangracing.com/ the homepage is listing a 750hp short block for $2399 free shipping right now.
                            Thanks for the info

Comment

If you get a shortblock you can just swap motors, but if you build your stock block you're going to have have your car down while all the machine work is done. I don't have anything from mmr, but have heard a lot of horror stories on S197forum about blocks and heads being fucked up.if you want to stay 2V, why not just start piecing stuff together ie: cobra crank and rods, and a set of forged pistons with some ARP hardeware.
                              De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Working...
                              X