time for a new window regulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time for a new window regulator?

I removed the window regulator out of the cadillac srx thinking all i was going to replace was the motor but it was the upper wheel that broke off, it was plastic and it caused the cable to tangle in the middle. So can i buy a new plastic wheel and untangle the cable or is it time for a new regulator?
    .....bro....

Originally posted by A+ View Post
    I removed the window regulator out of the cadillac srx thinking all i was going to replace was the motor but it was the upper wheel that broke off, it was plastic and it caused the cable to tangle in the middle. So can i buy a new plastic wheel and untangle the cable or is it time for a new regulator?
    I think that might be one that you replace the whole assembly including the motor/regulator if it's the cable operated type.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
      I think that might be one that you replace the whole assembly including the motor/regulator if it's the cable operated type.
      yeah, its cable operated. Its tangled in the middle and the plastic wheel is broken. It just looks like it could be repaired but im probably wrong.
      .....bro....

Comment

Get a unit , dorman makes them .just get used to it.
        The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
          Get a unit , dorman makes them .just get used to it.
          Been looking. Can't find anything local
          .....bro....

Comment

Damn A+! In the history of this website I cannot think of anyone who has had worse luck with automobiles! You're shit is always broke!

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
              Damn A+! In the history of this website I cannot think of anyone who has had worse luck with automobiles! You're shit is always broke!
              lol. the mustang was a lemon and fell apart as soon as i got home. All the other cars, ive been driving for years and im surprised theyre still running. The Cadillac is an 07 and has 121k on the clock. The impala is an 05 with 181k and that car has been a pita since 50k.
              .....does anyone know if i can get this part locally?
              .....bro....

Comment

http://www.windowregulators.com/autoparts I got mine for my 05 f150 here and it works just as good as the stock ones do, and the price was cheaper then Autozone and orielys
                Last edited by DFWtechie; 08-15-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Not to thread jack but where can I get the window guide slides that are mounted on the regulator?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Comment

Originally posted by RCITNet View Post
                    Not to thread jack but where can I get the window guide slides that are mounted on the regulator?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

check out http://www.windowregulators.com/autoparts

Comment

They only have a fuel pump and a cabin air filter for my car and i don't think autozone or oreilu carry the last either.
                      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
                        They sell the whole unit. I just want those stupid plastic slides that break.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Comment

I change them out all the time. We get them from oreily's, they either have it or can get it(order).

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                            I change them out all the time. We get them from oreily's, they either have it or can get it(order).
                            couldnt find anything at oreily or az. I did find a place out in Hutchins call LKQ or something and they hooked me up with a used part. I noticed Newer cars have more room to work in when removing window parts....i didnt even cut my hands!!
                            .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                            X