Flaming river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaming river

I looking for a Manual rack.. I have found the rack itself for 225 but then the steering shaft is 200.. Have you guys seen any other deals on this.

Nope. I actually went a step up and bought the maximum motorsports shaft for $280. I would get the quick ratio rack too. I got the regular and regret not going with the quick.

Comment

I have a flaming steering rack for mustang II i can sell you. It is brand new, never even installed. If you want to put it in a newer mustang, they have offset bushings you can use...

Comment

It will be going in a 1992 coupe

Comment

The shaft for the manual rack at MM is $240. I prefer their design with the telescoping shaft over the Flaming River shaft. With the Flaming River you have to measure and cut the shaft and use a drill to dimple it to locate the set screws for the U-joints. Some folks have also said their set screws loosened up, which is not cool on something as critical as steering. I realize you could use Loc-Tite but I'd just rather use the MM shaft.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

So either way I'm looking about 225 for the rack and 240 for the shaft.

Comment

I used a manual rack for a MII $90. U-joint with 9/16" 26 spline end w/ set screw and 3/4" round end welded to stock shaft. $45. Offset rack bushings $15. I got the standard ratio. Can just about drive with one hand at slow driveway speeds. Feels great on the road.
              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I have both used for sale. We went with a pinto rack.
                903-870-8109

Thank you:
                2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
                Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
                Jimmy Patton for the pit help
                Chris Fowler for the motor work
                TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
                NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
                Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
                Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
                Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment