01 Bullitt engine swap advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 Bullitt engine swap advice.

I'm about to acquire an 01 Bullitt with a seized engine. The car has 140k and will come with a "pull out" that had 100k miles on it. This car is going to be my daily when I get done with it.

Is there anything I need to know or have replaced while I have the engine out?

I'd replace motor mounts, clutch and reinstall it with long tubes.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Make sure and swap over the Bullit's intake. The pull-out will most likely be a plastic intake from a regular GT.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I've thought about this (LT's). Are pace setters a good fit?

I can get these at a good price where I work.

Comment

Originally posted by twicepipes View Post
          I've thought about this (LT's). Are pace setters a good fit?

I can get these at a good price where I work.
          They'll be a heck of a lot better than the stock manifolds, the car will sound a lot better too.
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Make sure and swap over the Bullit's intake. The pull-out will most likely be a plastic intake from a regular GT.
            Yup, I know about this.

This is my first mod motor car though. Thanks.

How long to timing chains last?

Comment

Originally posted by twicepipes View Post
              Yup, I know about this.

This is my first mod motor car though. Thanks.

How long to timing chains last?
              Pretty long depending on how well the engine was maintained, the tensioners are certainly the failure point.
              dont downshift!!

Comment

Pace setter is garbage. BBK is much better!

Comment

Food for thought.

Hi everyone, First I wanted to introduce myself, I understand that is what introduction is for, but from reading around on the forum I thought this should be in chit chat since I’m jumping right into the swap, so I’ll keep it as short as possible. My name is Brett and I own a 2001 Mustang...
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Thanks, after looking at the headers we have in stock, I'll go with the BBK's (or maybe pypes stainless).
                    The ps's do not have a flange at the collector being the only reason, they look decent enough as far as quality. Not being concerned with the finish of the headers, I've never had a set of painted headers rust out on me here in Tx.

I'll pay a few more dollars to be able to keep things tight under neath.

The Pypes and pacesetter are the same design, with the pypes being stainless and also having a collector flange. They are also a little less costly than the BBK, which are a totally different design all together.

I almost had a panic attack looking at an 04 GT yesterday and imagining having to change header gaskets, or even just tighten header bolts. whew...

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      got to log in to see it.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        got to log in to see it.
                        Guy with an 01 pops his motor on the dyno, swaps in a cammed 3V. Sounds wicked.
                        dont downshift!!

Comment

Well, just found out the car has some sort of catted x-pipe and a Magnaflow cat back.

Thinking about bbk shorties. Are they worth it at all or should I just go with LT's?

Comment

Shorties won't net you much, got to be better than stock I would imagine. I run the remflex gaskets on my 4 valve because header removal is a nightmare. They cost a little more, aren't reusable, but there's little to no chance of blowing them out. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Comment

Can I install the engine from the top with the LT's bolted up?

Comment

Working...
                              X