Best for gluing down carpets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best for gluing down carpets

Got me some new carpet for my 94gt . Needed it bad . Whats the best glue . Gonna replace the that jute stuff too . Had problems in th past with carpet coming back up in spots cause of the heat . I wnat it to hold on for dear life

Factory carpet is not glued in. If you need glue, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

No glue. A steamer can melt the form a little and allow you to mold it closer to the body contours.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
        Factory carpet is not glued in. If you need glue, you're doing it wrong.
        No kidding! lol holy shit, gluing carpet into a vehicle? Fuck, I've put indoor outdoor carpet in a car before by cutting in the right places.

Comment

buy some cement glue at home depot. Apply glue to the back of the carpet and to the floor. Let the glue dry a little then install

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            buy some cement glue at home depot. Apply glue to the back of the carpet and to the floor. Let the glue dry a little then install
            Put some saw dust in the tranny too. Fucking used car salesman.

J/k, you know I love you and want to fuck your car.

Comment

Dam you guys are opposit e of the chevy forums lol

theyre all like "if you dont glue youll regret it

Guess ill stuff it in there and see what happens . Only thing is i aint got no kind of steamer . Perhaps there is a paid service where i can put it in and someone will steam ?

Comment

Did you buy carpet that has been molded to fit your 1994 mustang? If so, unfold it, put it in the sun, put it in the car, trim to fit and cut holes for bolts. Few cars have the carpet glued in and the ones that do suck to work on.

Comment

yeah i bought from acc its prefabbed or whatever

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    Put some saw dust in the tranny too. Fucking used car salesman.

J/k, you know I love you and want to fuck your car.
                    lol! I've glued down a few boat carpets in my day.

thanks for the comments about the car. I havent driven it in 3 weeks now, I need to break her out tomorrow

btw does the saw dust in the tranny really work? I have a few I need to try it out on

Comment

My dad used to be in car biz and he said his dad (also car biz) said it only worked on older trannys . Say it wouldn work on new stuff .

Till it broke the next week

Comment

I thought you were in the car biz too.
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                          lol! I've glued down a few boat carpets in my day.

thanks for the comments about the car. I havent driven it in 3 weeks now, I need to break her out tomorrow

btw does the saw dust in the tranny really work? I have a few I need to try it out on
                          You need to post more pictures. Crash is slow with his pictures and I need some new jerkin material

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            I thought you were in the car biz too.
                            Well i used to be sort of i guess . I worked for my dad as teenager and learned a thing or two about that job . But economy killed it and dad retired........... now i only just have buddies still in it

Comment

Working...
                            X