e85 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e85 question

I'm about to put the powerglide in the cobra and I've had half a tank of e85 sit in it for about 10 months. Are my pumps going to be ruined?

The E85 is dead...of course. Pumps should be O.K. but the water will have separated. So you'll definitely need to clean them out well and flush the entire system.

Comment

Originally posted by TruestreetTim View Post
      The E85 is dead...of course. Pumps should be O.K. but the water will have separated. So you'll definitely need to clean them out well and flush the entire system.
      I'm going to disconnect the fuel line and let the pumps push it out and change the fuel filter as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnc View Post
        I'm going to disconnect the fuel line and let the pumps push it out and change the fuel filter as well.
        Make sure you get a full tank of E afterwards and you should be good.

Comment

How long will E85 sit and still be good?
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Bout a half hour
            The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              How long will E85 sit and still be good?
              Depends on the circumstances. Such as the atmosphere and how full your tank is etc. A higher humidity increases the absorption rate of water so it's a good thing to keep an E85 tank full when possible.

Comment

Depends on the circumstances. Such as the atmosphere and how full your tank is etc. A higher humidity increases the absorption rate of water so it's a good thing to keep an E85 tank full when possible.
                It is full now. Thanks

I think the ECU is smoked and I have no idea how long it will be till I get around to pulling it and sending it off.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  It is full now. Thanks

I think the ECU is smoked and I have no idea how long it will be till I get around to pulling it and sending it off.

Comment

Tell me about it. Thrashed for weeks months to get it running in time for the Power Tour. Tour was great. Next day battery dead. Charged battery = won't run for shit.

Of course in my diagnosis process I filled the tank with fresh fuel just to make sure the pump did not pick up sediment.

Comment

Working...
                    X