Dip Stick Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip Stick Tube

Need some advise! I broke the dip stick tube off from the side of the block! I have tried everything to get it out! Is there a way to get it out with out having to drop the oil pan?

Originally posted by BLACK91 View Post
    Need some advise! I broke the dip stick tube off from the side of the block! I have tried everything to get it out! Is there a way to get it out with out having to drop the oil pan?
    How about an EZ out?

Comment

Dip Stick Tube

I tried that as well! the old tube just spins in the hole! it is almost like it has a flare on the bottom of the tube preventing it from pulling out!

Comment

I tried that as well! the old tube just spins in the hole! it is almost like it has a flare on the bottom of the tube preventing it from pulling out!
        Can you stick something through it that has a little hook on the end? In other words, go down through the tube, then snag it from inside the pan (or where it ends in the block).

Comment

I tried that too! I think it is flared on the inside just a bit! I might have to drop the pan!

Comment

I tried that too! I think it is flared on the inside just a bit! I might have to drop the pan!
            OK. I just googled it, and a guy has a sure-fire method using a paint can opener (with a hook on the end). He says you can hook it and pull it out. Google "broken dipstick tube in a Mustang", and it should pop up. Even has pics.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I have one of those little hook tools for when stuff like that happens. Kind of like a dentist pic, works great for prying little things out. It really comes in handy and one of the tools I use more often.

Comment

Ive used a pilot bearing puller & slide hammer, The kind that expands as you tighten, also may try the hook attachment with slide hammer.

Comment

Thanks!

Hey I am looking for a hangout tonite in the DFW area! anyone game?

Comment

Hey I am looking for a hangout tonite in the DFW area! anyone game?
                      Hell, no! I'm liable to wind up under a 5.0 trying to dig out a broken dipstick tube! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by vertnut View Post
                        hell, no! I'm liable to wind up under a 5.0 trying to dig out a broken dipstick tube! Lol!
                        lol

Comment

Working...
                        X