No announcement yet.

I am about to set the GT on fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like rod knock, grenaded piston. Let's hope not.

Comment

Apparently that is the sound made when a busted valve spring drops a follower in the motor. Trying to decide now to replace the longblock vs pull the head and have the damage repaired and hope for the best vs tow it home and burn it to the ground and claim it was a terrorist plot to bring America down one mustang at a time.

TSM is recommending the new long block route so the other side doesn't blow up in a month (with my luck lol ).

Cost is a big consideration, so I may be towing it home and learning how assemble my own motor.

Some days I hate cars lol :dammit:
      Jon

Comment

LS1 swap!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
          Apparently that is the sound made when a busted valve spring drops a follower in the motor. Trying to decide now to replace the longblock vs pull the head and have the damage repaired and hope for the best vs tow it home and burn it to the ground and claim it was a terrorist plot to bring America down one mustang at a time.

TSM is recommending the new long block route so the other side doesn't blow up in a month (with my luck lol ).

Cost is a big consideration, so I may be towing it home and learning how assemble my own motor.

Some days I hate cars lol :dammit:

If you're interested, I'm about to put my 3v up for sale. Complete from blower to oil pan. Harness, ecm and everything else needed to make it run will go with it. 50k miles runs perfect.

Comment

Working...
          X