No announcement yet.

Kooks headers why so expensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac headers fit like shit. Bkk decent I've had good luck with them. KOOKS quality is 2nd to none fit great work great for people that have nice cars and want nice parts on them.

Pypes and mac are for people that dont know!

I have sold every Brand i do know.

Comment

I've had two sets. both fit the engine bay well and individual primaries make for easy install. ground clearance for both is so bad that they couldn't work on a lowered street car. both were fox chassis one 302 and one 351

Comment

ive had zero issues with my macs , ive had them for 4 years the non coated version at that still doing great , just removed them for the turbo headers though
        00 TT gt
        634 @10psi

04 cobra
        560whp

Comment

That is about the going price for good quality headers, I've got about $2500 in my stainless works long tubes and cat back.... You pay for good quality, you want cheap and you get what you pay for....

Comment

I bought a pair of used kooks for my old lightning... Over on NLOC a vendor had a customer parting out a truck. Snagged em up for $600. THe quality of them is top notch IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
              I've had two sets. both fit the engine bay well and individual primaries make for easy install. ground clearance for both is so bad that they couldn't work on a lowered street car. both were fox chassis one 302 and one 351
              This is 100 percent what I noticed. Shit for a lowered car. Main reason I wanted turbos was to slam the car again.

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
                Look at CMI headers for marine engines. I paid $20K for 3 pairs.
                Choo $$$$$$$$$ Choo Choo $$$$$$$$$ Choo

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                  Choo $$$$$$$$$ Choo Choo $$$$$$$$$ Choo
                  Originally posted by The King
                  I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

I personally wouldn't sell them for that, that's cheap.... There's a metric shit ton of work in making headers. Most people without some sort of "hookup" can't even buy quality material for what Kooks charges for headers.

If someone has the material and the jigs to make the headers, You'd still likely have 16hrs + labor in a set.

Comment

Because stainless steel.

Comment

I've bought so many Sets of Kooks I own stock in them.
                        Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                          Mac headers fit like shit. Bkk decent I've had good luck with them. KOOKS quality is 2nd to none fit great work great for people that have nice cars and want nice parts on them.

Pypes and mac are for people that dont know!

I have sold every Brand i do know.
                          So best bang for the buck............. BBK ?

Originally posted by eric 2v gt View Post
                          ive had zero issues with my macs , ive had them for 4 years the non coated version at that still doing great , just removed them for the turbo headers though
                          Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                          I personally wouldn't sell them for that, that's cheap.... There's a metric shit ton of work in making headers. Most people without some sort of "hookup" can't even buy quality material for what Kooks charges for headers.

If someone has the material and the jigs to make the headers, You'd still likely have 16hrs + labor in a set.
                          ok thank you sir this is what i did not know . To me they just look like bent tubing welded to a flat piece . learn someting new everyday

Comment

difference in cost of manufacturing stainless vs mild steel headers is around $1.00/foot of tubing, labor is exactly the same.......stainless is not the reason headers are expensive.
                            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

As someone who sold Trust & HKS exhaust systems for many years I believe that ALL of the domestic aftermarket manufactures of bolt on performance exhaust components build pure shit. I always wondered why the Japs could build a flawless bolt on system that bolted on with no "hammer tuning" and why Borla's system (that cost more then the Jap stuff) for the same car was pure junk that looked like it was made in a high school welding shop.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Skunk 2 makes a damn nice header for hondas,

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                                X