Kooks headers why so expensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kooks headers why so expensive

Anybody esle think theyre expensive as hell ? Got me to thinking . how in the world can headers be worth 1100 dollars . Take the same header from mac or bbk . Is kooks trying to tell us that we are going to see 900 dollars difference in performance ? I dont believe it . Thought maybe somebody can clear this up

To look at em you would think headers should be the cheapest parts on a car

lol

Comment

I've got over a $1,000 into my Kooks after getting them ceramic coated, ridiculously expensive.
      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
      '13 Dodge Cummins
      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

wonder how hard it would be to make your own stainless headers
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Look at CMI headers for marine engines. I paid $20K for 3 pairs.
          Originally posted by The King
          I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
            Look at CMI headers for marine engines. I paid $20K for 3 pairs.
            solid barg bruh
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I had 2 inch ss headers into a 3.5 inch x pipe, and it was like 1200-1400 with their x pipe kit, but it didn't fit the car for shit. They scraped on everything, espicially due to the drivers header not being bent all the way flush with the bottom of the car. They are over priced pos for Stangs, but they did fit absolutely perfect on my c6, so maybe I just got Ray Charles doin up my Stang headers... Who knows.

If the vert ever needs headers it will be getting custom brooksracecrafts. Lol

Comment

They have the best collector and make the most power. So you pay for it.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

and mac and bbk dont offer large diameter tubing either
                  00 TT gt
                  634 @10psi

04 cobra
                  560whp

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    They have the best collector and make the most power. So you pay for it.
                    Bullshit, the few times where I've actually known/ seen with my own eyes someone go from, say, macs or hooker to kooks, they shit didnt pick up not even 1/100th.

I'll never pay for them if there is a cheaper option available
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

our inconel and Ti cup, busch, truck headers are $8k. stainless around $4200. Howerton and S&S for the new turbocharged indycar V-6's are almost $19k per set.
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        solid barg bruh
                        Not at all. Kooks are very cheap headers. Just saying...................
                        Originally posted by The King
                        I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                          our inconel and Ti cup, busch, truck headers are $8k. stainless around $4200. Howerton and S&S for the new turbocharged indycar V-6's are almost $19k per set.
                          Oh yeah well the headers for my space shuttle are 100k so there.

Comment

Good materials. Good workmanship. Good designs. Generally that means bad price to the buyer on a budget.

To me, a well made header, that will last a long time is worth the money.

If you are worried about a 1/100th of a second vs price. You must be class racing and not driving a street car.
                            Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
                              Not at all. Kooks are very cheap headers. Just saying...................
                              dewayne speaks truth here. Kooks has tried to move into the stock car world and as of yet they are having to give their products away because they are so heavy, some of the teams that were receiving these free headers are now our paying customers.
                              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                              X