04 VW Jetta GLI timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    Run the belt around the cam gear and crank gear. Turn the crank gear clockwise so the belt is tight between the crank and cam. If that doesnt give you enough room try removing the smaller idler pulley below the tensioner and see if the belt will slide on. Then reinstall the idler. If not remove the tensioner and install the belt. The tensioner pulley should be able to move farther back with the tensioner out of the way. Try to reinstall the tensioner with the belt on. You might need to pry the tensioner pulley up so the tensioner fits back into place.
    This, what i do is jam a rubber wedge under crank after taking slack out, it helps hold the belt on and helps keep the crank from turning, then your able to get belt slack by turning the cam gear. By turning i mean a couple degrees, Some of them can be a real bitch.
    Keep in mind thats an interference motor, so if there is ANY doubt about timing/ tension, let someone that knows what their doing atleast check it.
    If your still having trouble, pm me or post up email address and ill send you belt change procedure from alldata, maybe that will help you out.

Comment

Pm sent.
      Big Rooster Racing
      1985 Mustang GT

Comment

got it back together thanks to JimD, thanks man that page helped a lot
        Big Rooster Racing
        1985 Mustang GT

Comment

beware of zee gernenz

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
            got it back together thanks to JimD, thanks man that page helped a lot
            No problem.

Comment

Working...
            X