....I say do the gas test.

sent from an htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

What do your EGT's look like?
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

One thing you haven't tried....It could be the car developing a severe allergic reaction to the LSx! Ditch the LSx and put a Ford motor back in the car. If the problem goes away, then you know for next time...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Are you sure head gaskets are on right?

Regardless, you need to put a water vapor system on it too.

Comment

OH SNAP!!! I missed the part where its mentioned that it's an lsx motor! Junk it.

sent from an htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Schoot it.

Can you run it no turbo see if it still heats up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                Tiny ls1 head bolts don't like much torque

You try doing a vac fill of the coolant system?
                haven't done a vac fill. hard to believe there would be any air in there but i might buy a setup on amazon just to rule it out.

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                Id never trust a cam without degreeing, based on my machinests and builders experiences, unless it was like a stock purpose build and then id still probably check it. I doubt that a vacuum fill will net you any different results given all the different ways youve filled the system at this point. The only thing I've wondered about is.the dual pass radiator. This is only because if the second pass is stacked behind the first pass then its being cooled by heated air coming through front section. If its dual pass where it flows across the top or.bottom half then loops to flow across the opposite half then id assume its fine. I would also agree that the extra thickness added by the heat exchanger could still be a restriction in flow but i dont see a positive way around that without going to aliquid to air setup.
                cam was run in a buddies car, then we traded when i went turbo. he never had a problem with it and i had it in my car before the motor without issue so i figured it would be fine.

the dual pass runs it across the top, then across the bottom.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                Probably a stupid question, but is the temperature gauge accurate?
                2 temp senders on opposite heads. factory ect monitored by my laptop and the autometer sender monitored by gauge.

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                Sounds like you've done almost everything there is to do save for the combustion gas check. Might be far fetched but it could be a clogged water jacket somewhere. I've only clicked on your threads concerning this issue sporadically but it sounds exactly like what I went through with my car. I did pretty much everything you've done to no avail. It overheated as I pulled into work one morning and it spewed its guts. Towed it home and I haven't messed with it since. I pretty much came to the conclusion(without testing) that it's a warped head. Warped enough to cause overheating but not enough to show water in the oil sys.
                block was vatted twice (once before, once after machining). don't see any trash in the coolant when i drain it.

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                ....I say do the gas test.
                going to see if paul still has his kit for me to try.

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                What do your EGT's look like?
                no idea, i don't have a probe. according to my IR thermo the exhaust housing runs around 600* when the car is idling at 230*

Originally posted by Big Thumper View Post
                Are you sure head gaskets are on right?

Regardless, you need to put a water vapor system on it too.
                head gaskets were double checked (they have FRONT written on them) plus i made sure they lined up with the water jackets (since the drivers one is technically upside down when installed correctly.

Comment

water pump turning the correct direction?

Comment

ARP fasteners will have different torque specs for threads lubricated with moly versus lubed with 30w engine oil. 80lbs sounds about right with engine oil.

The crossover pipe in an exhaust system doesn't usually have exhaust gases crossing over, it just allows pressure to balance in the two tubes. If there is a significant restriction in the exhaust, you may get some exhaust passing through but that would be weird.

Dude, this has been a serious kick in the junk. I would try to get on the phone with someone that has built a high-HP turbo/intercooled street driven LS and see if they have fought the same issues for their recommendations. It has to be something straightforward.

Remind me again your underhood turbo plumbing situation. I'm starting to think that it is keeping exhaust heat in the engine compartment and the cooling system just can't deal with it. You have wrapped the headers and hot side? Turbo blanket(s)?
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Do you have a air dam on your car to force air up into the radiator?

Let the car idle, does it heat up? If no then you have an airflow problem with the radiator. Make sure you have a good airdam even the front of your radiator to force the air up into it

Comment

Have you posted something on Corral about this? I'm not a big fan of the site in general, but it's a way to reach the "masses" (nation-wide) and maybe find someone with similar issues.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                          Might send Sam a pm. Could be in the tune.
                          Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

X2

600 degrees at the Turbine housing seems like too much just at idle

Comment

My ls1 rx7 had similar issues in the hot ass heat, a spal fan helped, but duct work was the key.
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post

block was vatted twice (once before, once after machining). don't see any trash in the coolant when i drain it.
                              shit when i worked at the machine shop i had to vat a a couple blocks multiple times before machining one was a old desoto block that had alot of crud and build up in it another i had to do a iron block 6.0 multiple times but it was left out in the rain for awhile i would blow the block out multiple times before i would even take it to the the machine work area.

Comment

Originally posted by AMJ View Post
                                shit when i worked at the machine shop i had to vat a a couple blocks multiple times before machining one was a old desoto block that had alot of crud and build up in it another i had to do a iron block 6.0 multiple times but it was left out in the rain for awhile i would blow the block out multiple times before i would even take it to the the machine work area.
                                my block was super clean when it was dropped off (rode there in the trunk of my bmw)

Comment

Working...
                                X