2001 ford Taurus CEL at WOT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 ford Taurus CEL at WOT.

Girlfriends car (01' taurus 3.0L ohv) will start to flash the check engine light at WOT. I checked it with my scanner it is p0303, misfire on cylinder 3. I checked the freeze frame and it happens at full load and 95mph 4852rpm.

During normal driving it does just fine.

Had a vw passat pull up to me, big spoiler and fart can, he got pulled until the damn light came on and the car lost power.

This problem has happened a few times before and the light stops flashing and goes off after you stop flooring it.

Is this a spark plug issue? Or possibly fuel trim? Because I know the light only flashes when damage to the converters is prominent.

170k miles btw.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

coil pack....

but i wouldnt replace it 170k miles and 95mph(4852rpm) it wont last much longer anyways

Comment

lol you pulled a passat in a vulcan taurus? That had to be the first time a vulcan taurus has ever won any contest of speed.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        lol you pulled a passat in a vulcan taurus? That had to be the first time a vulcan taurus has ever won any contest of speed.
        Yeah until it freaking shut down on me. Lol

It was dead even and at about 80-90 I started to walk away, then it turded out.

Went out last night after an oil change to try and replicate the issue, it pulled to 115 and no cel, so what gives?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
        X