Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reputable Honda transmission shop/mechanic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputable Honda transmission shop/mechanic?

I need a 1998 honda civic ex 5 spd transmission looked at.

shifter will not move to the right in neutral as of yesterday, allowing me no access to 5th gear or reverse.

Looking for a straight shooting shop, no bullshit.

Thanks

where u located?

Comment

red oak, 25 min south of dallas. i dont mind driving though.

Comment

ttt. any transmission shop will be fine, doesnt need to be honda specific

Comment

probably cheaper to source a tranny from a junkyard.
          Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

74 views, and these are the answers ive got....man, yall are fucking worthless

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
              probably cheaper to source a tranny from a junkyard.
              This.

D-series transmissions are cheap.

Comment

Hondo works in balch springs might be able to give you some info over the phone.

Comment

thanks teeshock, ill give them a call.

Comment

It's a honda. Drive it off a cliff

Comment

Will it not move or won't engage? Could be just a cable and not a trans. I work at Christian brothers in cedar hill if u want us to look at it.

Comment

the shifter will not move over to the right in neutral. thus i cant even try to put it in 5th or reverse.

the guy i talked to at hondo works suggested that i probably didnt put enough fluid back in the trans when i changed it 1000-1500 miles ago, or i used too thick a fluid. he thinks i ran 5th gear dry and might need a rebuild. mind you, this was just his opinion over the phone.

well, i used standard pennzoil synchromesh mtf, and i filled the trans until fluid poured out of the fill hole and leveled off, so...

super cubano- where are yall located in ch, and when is a good time to bring it by? you are much closer to me than balch springs.

edit: not cable operated, it's hydraulic. i crawled under the car and looked at the linkage, and nothing looked visibly damaged, but who knows
                        Last edited by dsrtuckteezy; 07-31-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

did you check the linkage? Some times they get too much play and the linkage will get bent and prevent you from shifting.

Comment

Working...
                          X