Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need pics of 2011 GT factory hood scoop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need pics of 2011 GT factory hood scoop.

Does anyone have a picture of a factory installed hood scoop on a 2011 GT? Mine was installed by the dealership and I want to check the location against a factory installed scoop. Thanks
    2011 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS
    99 Trans Am
    69 Camaro SS 350/350

I found one, maybe two THOUSAND using google......
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Mark is old. Cut the elderly some slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        Mark is old. Cut the elderly some slack.
        I googled it and still couldn't find a good close up pic, fuck it. I am old and cranky and don't have time for this bullshit. Wass up Chuck? Haven't seen you guys since Love and War in Texas and that was a long time ago. Heard Nate lost his freakin mind and is getting married. How you be?
        99 Trans Am
        69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

Old is a relative term. By many on this board, I too am old (38). However, I still say "Master Google, master the world."
          That being said, I'm not a complete ass hole. What exactly are you looking for, other than a close up? Are you concerned you got screwed out of a scoop, placement of it, etc?!?! I'm "decent" at google and can find things pretty quickly.
          Here's an example.
          Taken from here ..... http://www.zigauto.com/servlet/the-1...Scoops,/Detail
          Factory Style Hood Scoop 2011

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
            Old is a relative term. By many on this board, I too am old (38). However, I still say "Master Google, master the world."
            That being said, I'm not a complete ass hole. What exactly are you looking for, other than a close up? Are you concerned you got screwed out of a scoop, placement of it, etc?!?! I'm "decent" at google and can find things pretty quickly.
            Here's an example.
            Taken from here ..... http://www.zigauto.com/servlet/the-1...Scoops,/Detail
            Factory Style Hood Scoop 2011

Specifically the placement of the scoop at the rear edge of the hood. Is the rear edge of the scoop supposed to be flush with the rear edge of the hood? Thanks
            99 Trans Am
            69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

From memory, yes. The rear bottom part of the scoop should be flush with the cowl on the hood.

EDIT: Best pic I could find. Zoomed in, it shows that it's pretty much flush.

Last edited by jdgregory84; 12-24-2010, 08:53 AM.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                From memory, yes. The rear bottom part of the scoop should be flush with the cowl on the hood.

EDIT: Best pic I could find. Zoomed in, it shows that it's pretty much flush.
                Mine has about a 3/16" gap between the rear edge of the scoop and the rear edge of the hood which is why I asked. Thanks

99 Trans Am
                69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

Is that glue that I see in between the rear of the scoop and hood? I hate aftermarket departments and their shotty work.

Comment

Is that glue that I see in between the rear of the scoop and hood? I hate aftermarket departments and their shotty work.
                    No, what you see there is dust but what do you think about this wonderfull quality of work? It goes back Monday and it better come back correct. The stripes were installed by AER, how could anyone let something like this go out of their shop, no pride in workmanship? Did they actually think i wouldn't say anything about it?
                    99 Trans Am
                    69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

That's pretty bad. Remember when I said don't do stripes or a hood scoop?

Comment

That's pretty bad. Remember when I said don't do stripes or a hood scoop?
                        Yes I do. It's been a pain in the ass but they will keep doing it until it's right and my Mustang looks the way I want it to look.
                        99 Trans Am
                        69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man View Post
                          Yes I do. It's been a pain in the ass but they will keep doing it until it's right and my Mustang looks the way I want it to look.
                          Hopefully they'll get it right the second time around. Those new 5.0's are seriously impressive cars. I'm still amazed at what people are able to do with them. I wonder if this is how people thought in the late 80's?

Comment

Hopefully they'll get it right the second time around. Those new 5.0's are seriously impressive cars. I'm still amazed at what people are able to do with them. I wonder if this is how people thought in the late 80's?
                            I bought an Airaid CAI and a tuner for mine just waiting on the tuner to get here and then lowering springs and I'm done. I'm impressed with this car.
                            99 Trans Am
                            69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

my 2010 w scoop is also a little off from flush on both sides - drivers is off more than passenger - took it back and they showed me another new one on the lot and it too was off. They have, I believe, 6 or 8 hole for posts - tight fit and once drilled I believe you are done. I'm usually a perfectionist, but I have gotten use to it ... I still love the look of the hood lines with the scoop.

good luck to you
                              sigpic
                              08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

Working...
                              X