93 taurus intermittent miss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 taurus intermittent miss.

Usually these are easy to figure out. No codes on koeo or koer.

Changed the plugs and fuel filter, waiting on the wires to get in. The cap and rotor look fine. No vacuum leaks. All sensors tested fine. cleaned maff as well as the aic.

No smoke from tail pipe.

Im about to run a compression test as soon as i can find my gauge.

btw 3.0 pushrod motor.

Starting to piss me off. I dont see any cracks in the wires, but the plugs electrodes where well rounded. Figured it needed a tune up anyway.

any idea's. Its so intermittent that i cant pinpoint what cyl is dropping.

Is there a cam sensor in the distributor?

BTW I don't know if I would sink much money into an older Taurus their transmissions weren't known to be the best.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Girlfriend has an 01 Taurus, would miss and sputter randomly while driving. CEL light said EGR flow to low.

So I took the valve off and it was fine, so I took off the pressure sensor, which made more sense anyways. The insides looked to be dirty/corroded. Replaced that and it runs smoothly now.

My guess is, it was sending low readings to the ECM and the ECM was telling the solenoid to increase egr, and that was causing the stumble.

She Also needs the plugs changed, but screw those back cylinders. Lol

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike;
        She Also needs the plugs changed, but screw those back cylinders. Lol
        Those aren't bad no worse than most V8's, impalas with a 3.8 are a little harder.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Those aren't bad no worse than most V8's, impalas with a 3.8 are a little harder.
          Or some of the Nissan/infinities that you gotta take the GD plenum off. Those are alot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
            Or some of the Nissan/infinities that you gotta take the GD plenum off. Those are alot of fun
            Dodge chargers with a 3.5 are that way as well as the new Exploders with a 3.7

Comment

I hate misfire with the firery passion of a thousand suns

Comment

Working on the car now. Normally a miss is easy to find this one is being a bitch. It can run hundreds of miles and not miss a beat. Then some days that's all it does until you open the hood with tools in your hand.

Comment

thats why i hate em

Comment

Got it fixed. Ended up being the coil. I had one from my old 92 lx and good as new. The coil was throwing good spark, but under a load acted up.

Comment

Working...
                    X