question for the ford dealership parts guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for the ford dealership parts guys

my dad has a 98 crown vic police interceptor that he uses as a back up car or when the weather is shitty. the rear end sags and after looking online he found out that they made taller springs for the later years to keep them from sagging. he said the springs he has now are E springs. later they made F and H springs, with H being the tallest. he can't find them in any auto parts stores because they dont have them listed with the E, F or H. all the ones they have apparently are the E height.

i was wondering if someone could look up the proper part number or name for the springs i am talking about. also how much they are at the dealership

thanks guys

Just put some air shocks on it.

Comment

costs too much, plus he only drives it every once in a while

Comment

put a bunch of those cheapo twist in spring spacers on it.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
          costs too much, plus he only drives it every once in a while
          i have a pair of what i believe are "h" springs, trim tag shows H for the spring code, and the green tag on the spring shows, HAP with the part number starting with F8AC... let me know if these are what ya'll need.

Comment

The springs that butt86 has show to be h springs. The new ford part number is 3w7z*5560*fa and list for about $105

Comment

Originally posted by butt86 View Post
              i have a pair of what i believe are "h" springs, trim tag shows H for the spring code, and the green tag on the spring shows, HAP with the part number starting with F8AC... let me know if these are what ya'll need.
              incoming pm
              Originally posted by jhelmer View Post
              The springs that butt86 has show to be h springs. The new ford part number is 3w7z*5560*fa and list for about $105
              thanks man

Comment

big thanks to brandon(butt86), picked up a set from him yesterday evening. he bought them from his job and took them home and then i picked them up from his house since i got off of work after he did

thanks again brandon

Comment

no problem, glad i could help out. hopefully they work out and do what ya'll wanted them to!

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                    put a bunch of those cheapo twist in spring spacers on it.
                    That would have been cheaper. Thats prob what I would have done.

Comment

Originally posted by cmltoe View Post
                      Just put some air shocks on it.
                      Wrong.
                      You are only crutching worn springs. Let one air shock go bad and you have a very unsafe situation.
                      Do the job right.

Comment

Originally posted by TX21 View Post
                        That would have been cheaper. Thats prob what I would have done.
                        The twist in spacers are as bad an idea as the air shocks. You squeeze some hard metal chunks into an already weak/failing spring and what you get is a broken spring.

Comment

got the rear springs installed, along with 4 new shocks and a new set of tires. rides waaay smoother now

hey brandon(butt86), do you guys have any H code springs for the front?

Comment

Working...
                          X