Clearing a Code on a 93 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing a Code on a 93 Mustang

I have a code reader for use on the 96 and up Fords that has a "Clear Code" button to clear the code after you read it. I bought a reader to use on a 93 V-8 Mustang, and it does not have a clear button. How do you clear the code on the older model ? I got a code 34, and replaced the EGR sensor like it said to do. I may have fixed the problem, but the code is still there.

i thought it took a certain amount of drive cycles/heat cycles to clear on the older rigs.

Comment

older codes on EFI

So, if I changed the part that the code reader said was bad........just drive it till I run out of road ? (LOL) I runs fine, the light just won't go off. I think I will just see what happens. I have good oil pressure, it is cool, and it runs OK. Thanks for the answer. I want to go back to my dual Stromberg 97's on my SCOT blown flathead. They were simple.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
        So, if I changed the part that the code reader said was bad........just drive it till I run out of road ? (LOL) I runs fine, the light just won't go off. I think I will just see what happens. I have good oil pressure, it is cool, and it runs OK. Thanks for the answer. I want to go back to my dual Stromberg 97's on my SCOT blown flathead. They were simple.
        Just diconect the positive battery cable. Let it sit 30min. or overnight.
        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Pull the positive battery cable for a minute or two, then it will take a few driving cycles to re-learn all of the parameters, which is what you are probably thinking of Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
            Just diconect the positive battery cable. Let it sit 30min. or overnight.
            Not even that long, just takes a minute or two, you can wait five to be safe.

Comment

i will try that tonight and drive the shit out of it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X