2004 z71 short/blowing fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 z71 short/blowing fuses

I have a Chevy z71. Keeps blowing the fuse in the inside panel. TBOT. The only thing that is affected by this is the lights that light up the spedometer and gauges.

I try to insert a new fuse and it blows. Any ideas on going about finding the short? Anyone know of a good place to go in the fort worth arlington area?

Chevy has alot of issues with the instrument cluster in those (same as mine), so it may be related to that, just an FYI. There are places that will rebuild yours for like $200 online. Not sure if that is what is causing the fuse to blow but worth a shot to look into.

Try doing some googling on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Chevy has alot of issues with the instrument cluster in those (same as mine), so it may be related to that, just an FYI. There are places that will rebuild yours for like $200 online. Not sure if that is what is causing the fuse to blow but worth a shot to look into.

Try doing some googling on that.
      I had the instrument cluster redone already. I paid a guy that lives in haltom city. He told me that the fuse blowing was unrelated and this it was somewhere on the trailer breaks which I find hard to believe.

Comment

Working...
      X