Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the cheap ebay cut 50 plasma cutters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the cheap ebay cut 50 plasma cutters?

Iv been wanting a plasma cutter for the shop and I saw some videos on youtube of guys using the cut 50 ebay setups. It looks like they work decent enough for home hobbistists stuff. Not bad for $150.

Last edited by stephen4785; 07-15-2012, 03:12 PM.

I need to buy one of those, but they don't go for $150, more like $250.

Comment

I have one. Good for the money. Brooks did a review on one a while back which convinced me to give one a try.

I thought I'd throw this out there for anyone on the fence about these types of plasma cutters - I just bought one, shown here - http://cgi.ebay.com/50A-New-Plasma-Cutter-CUT50D-Inverter-Dual-Voltage-/280642540273?pt=BI_Welders&hash=item41579952f1 This thing is worth it's weight in gold. I would highly recommend for

Comment

Yeah, had mine for a while now. You can get them all over the place, DFWTechie is a reseller too.

It works great, the only 'problem' I have is that the expendables don't last real long, but that's to be expected with a contact-start type cutter.. If you want lift-arc technology, it takes $$$

Comment

I have 3 50 amp units left and 1 40amp unit. The 50's have some minor cosmetic damage but perform just fine. the 40a is 350.00 and the 50 amp is 380.00. and I have torches you can upgrade to to give you a 16ft lead for another 60.00.

Thanks Brooks and if you need some consumbales let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
            I have 3 50 amp units left and 1 40amp unit. The 50's have some minor cosmetic damage but perform just fine. the 40a is 350.00 and the 50 amp is 380.00. and I have torches you can upgrade to to give you a 16ft lead for another 60.00.

Thanks Brooks and if you need some consumbales let me know.
            Im not trying to be a smart a or anything so please dont take this the wrong way but why wouldnt I just buy it off of ebay for cheaper? Looks like I can buy a cut50 on ebay for $150-250?

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
              Im not trying to be a smart a or anything so please dont take this the wrong way but why wouldnt I just buy it off of ebay for cheaper? Looks like I can buy a cut50 on ebay for $150-250?
              these are dual power units 110/220v. I can't sell something at lower then cost, the units on ebay for that cheap are coming from china directly. So shipping may be alot.

Comment

harbor freight

Comment

Working...
                X