labor prices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• labor prices...

hey guys, one of my friends here asked me to ask on here what the price of labor would be at any shop in the dallas / ft. worth area to have his rear end worked on, ( 2000 GT Automatic ) this is what he wants.... moer 31 spline axles, 3.73 rear end gears, and a new LSD. he is from that area, and he plans on having it all done so he can drive it back to fort campbell, ky when we get back from afghanistan. he just wants to know a rough estimate on what anybody would charge if he brought them all the parts. much appreciated
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

I'm gonna guess a few hundred bucks for labor - changing all that stuff is no different that just putting gears in by themselves, outside of pressing/installing the reluctor rings on the axles for the ABS.

Does this thing make a lot of power that he NEEDS 31 spline axles?

Comment

its mostly all stock minus intake & exhaust, and later on he plans on putting a procharger, throttle body, and heads on. hes jus like me, he just dont want to break anything. dont know what else he has planned for the engine but this is somethin he needs to do as soon as possible.
      sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Understood. It's good to build a car like that, instead of making power first and breaking everything behind the engine.

Comment

so in a nutshell, hes lookin at spending 400+ on labor, plus the $$$ on parts he picks out? what shop would you recommend him go to around that area?

Comment

Pm Slim87gt

Comment

will do, thanks

Comment

we can take care of him.. labor have him plan for right around $450...we are centrally located right at 2 minutes from downtown dallas...off of 35 and inwood..heres our contact info...we would be glad to help out another stanger
                israel

ccars
                4818 vicksburg st
                dallas tx 75207
                972 437 8331

Comment

okie dokie, will give him your info, he expected it to be around that much. its in the a.m. here in afghanistan so i will have him call ya this evening. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X