No announcement yet.

1990 GT No Spark issue!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I'm saying is that its possible. Before I stabbed the new MSD in I borrowed a good stock one and car ran fine. Put MSD back in and got no spark. I contacted MSD and they replaced the dizzy with another new one and same problem. I replaced the pickup coil and have had no problem since.

sent from an htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

i had a similar issue and it was the main plug going to the tfi module. i got a new one from oreilly's and it worked fine. I was getting power to the tfi module but it wasnt getting spark. just something to check.

Comment

cool thanks for all the help guys

Comment

Just to update and see if anybody can help.......I bought a MSD dizzy that came with its own module......still no fire...... but my fuel pump relay keeps clicking and the pump keeps kicking on randomly.....I am going to test to see what pressure I am getting at the rails....

Could the pump be going bad causing relay to burn up????......I have tested and retest with no improvement........

Comment

Relays clicking means low voltage check connections and grounds.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Ok just updating on my post..

Still having issues .....as you can see from the video it randomly cuts out..

The list of replaced parts:
              New MSD distributor and tfi
              new coil
              new plugs
              new computer
              new relays
              new fuel pump
              new ignition switch
              new ignition tumbler

The strange part about this is when it is cool outside it falls on its face more often but when it is hot it runs with a slight miss
              Another strange issue as you can see in the video it cuts out but if I open the hood it stops ......I have checked all the grounds, wires and checked for anything that is binding up or getting pinched .......I am literally at the end of my rope of ideas/ options

Thanks again for any help

[YOUTUBE][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxHwNnPvBSw&feature=plcp[/ame]

Comment

Working...
              X