TCI trannys and Converters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCI trannys and Converters?

Hi guys im new to the site and I just recently purchased a 88 fox that I wanna fix up for a little street/strip car. I already have a built 306 with aluminum heads and intake with a trick flow cam that im gonna put into the car after its painted. Ive been looking at transmissions and at the price of good used and rebuilt ones and they seem kinda high compared to what I can buy a brand new one from TCI for. What is your opinion on them and should I go with the C4 or the C6??

Thanks Cody

no one?

Comment

wow thanks for the reply's guys

Comment

TCI is okay.

My car came with a TCI C-4 (with a transbrake and a 4000 stall convertor). It works okay, but I think there are others that charge a whole lot less (I think my tranny and convertor were close to $4K). I had my convertor gone through by Lenny at Ultimate Convertor concepts (4000 stall to 3500 stall and made it a little stronger) , and I'm real happy with it. Mike at Mikes Trick shift builds trannys for lots on the board, you might check with him.

I personally think a C-6 is way too heavy and not necessary for these cars ( I ran one in 70 Mach 1 with 351C 4V long ago though).

You might look at AODs also.

Comment

yeah i know about aods but thought the c4 or c6 would be better. I can get a good TCI through my work for about 1200

Comment

Originally posted by r**3_82gt View Post
            Mike at Mikes Trick shift builds trannys for lots on the board, you might check with him.
            Good to know he is still around. He built tranny's for my Formula and Z28. I need to go see him soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXaS SoB View Post
              wow thanks for the reply's guys
              Your first post was at 11:49, your next post was at 9:29, and then followed by 10:01 - did you ever stop to think that's it's kinda late and most (local) people don't comb the boards looking to answer your questions.

Maybe it's the highly informative title?

A C4 will work fine, a C6 is WAY too heavy and no where near necessary. Not to mention bulky as hell....and good luck getting exhaust to fit.

I've known Mike for a long time now, and have sent many people his way - never a complaint one.

Comment

Th400....

Comment

redneck racing transmissions out of stephenville,,i have c4 and convertor.

Comment

So i guess ill go for a C4. So how do i get a hold of this Mike guy? I don't have a tranny to start with as i bought the car without a drive train. I was just wondering about the TCI because i can get one through work for about a grand but if there's a better option for about the same price i would consider it too plus if its more local. Who is this redneck racing that your talking about?

Comment

he's a trans & convertor builder out of stephenville, you can search him, very good rep, also can check out his prices on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by TeXaS SoB View Post
                        So i guess ill go for a C4. So how do i get a hold of this Mike guy? I don't have a tranny to start with as i bought the car without a drive train. I was just wondering about the TCI because i can get one through work for about a grand but if there's a better option for about the same price i would consider it too plus if its more local. Who is this redneck racing that your talking about?
                        You can reach him at (817)657-1419, Tell him Brooks gave you his number.

Comment

I did find redneck on the web and ebay looks legit. Wish this Mike had a website too look though. Considering both options now for a C4 with a decent converter.

Comment

He doesn't have a site anymore, You have his number - call him.

Comment

Working...
                            X