Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody got hands on experience with T56 in an early Mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go with the mustang steve cable setup.

Clutch kits allow you to convert stock "z-bar" style clutch linkages to Ford Foxbody cable clutch style. This creates smoother cluth pedal movement and allows for easier transmission swaps.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

Ok now I am thinking about going back to the T5. Both have .62 over drive (main reason for this swap). The T5 is 35-40 lbs lighter. The T5 is much easier to install. Also much cheaper. The T5 with a gforce kit is still cheaper than doing a T56, still lighter, and is rated at more torque than a T56.

So besides the T56 being heavier more expensive, same OD ratio, same 1st gear ratio (as the gforce kit) and the T56 having the better "wow" factor... why would it be a better swap than a T5?

What are y'alls opinions?
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I replaced my Gforce T5 with a 4R70W last year. I broke 3rd gear but that could be fixed. I also have scattershield, clutch, hydraulic setup and short throw shifter. Might be interested in selling. I have been meaning to call slim for the repair maybe it could work out for both if us. Promotion built the trans.

Comment

PM me a price you want for it. Don't you race the blue 66 in the Muscle Car Club and your son drives the Maroon one?
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
          X