Turning Bear Eradispeed rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Bear Eradispeed rotors?

Is there any special technique to turning slotted and cross drilled rotors?
    Mine need it...

Nope .
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
      Is there any special technique to turning slotted and cross drilled rotors?
      Mine need it...
      nope but many shops won't cut them as it CAN break the cutting tip if the operator doesn't know what they are doing. I recall seeing a guy selling an alcon kit on fn'sweet and one rotor had been cut to the point of the slots being nearly gone and him saying it was still good to go! LOL!

Just cut .003 to .005" or so at a time and you will be fine. Make multiple passes and it will clean up nice as long as you don't go past the minimum thickness.

Comment

I can slice tomaters with mine . The pulsation is like a back massager .
        The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          nope but many shops won't cut them as it CAN break the cutting tip if the operator doesn't know what they are doing. I recall seeing a guy selling an alcon kit on fn'sweet and one rotor had been cut to the point of the slots being nearly gone and him saying it was still good to go! LOL!

Just cut .003 to .005" or so at a time and you will be fine. Make multiple passes and it will clean up nice as long as you don't go past the minimum thickness.
          agreed, this is what I did with the brembo 14's on the rear of my car, they were warped when I bought it. Just slow and easy and multiple passes.

Comment

Working...
          X