Best cooling system cleanser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cooling system cleanser

I saw some stuff on tv i think it was 2 separate bottles . Which one would you suggest ? I need to clean all the gunk out of my old system

Comment

Dawn dish soap and water. Drain old coolant, add few ounces of dawn, fill with water and drive for ask or so and repeat until you get clean water. Then refill with 50 50 water antifreeze.

Comment

Originally posted by "MrEd" View Post
        This

Comment

Are you guys serious, Cascade or Dawn? I've never heard of such of thing. Can you elaborate please?

sent from an htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

How does the water come out looking after the first time you use the cascade ?

and what is te ratio here... i gota 94 GT... no idea how much water that system holds. So no idea how much cascade ? Like 3 ounces like said ?

i like specifics so i dont ruin shit . drive the car what.......5 miles maybe ?

Comment

Had a Cat D7 bulldozer get oil in the water(oil cooler) and after we fixed the cooler we used 1 box of cascade and ran it till it was warm and circulating. After we drained and flushed the inside of the radiator looked new.

Comment

And use distiller water, not tap water when you refill after cleaning.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
                  Had a Cat D7 bulldozer get oil in the water(oil cooler) and after we fixed the cooler we used 1 box of cascade and ran it till it was warm and circulating. After we drained and flushed the inside of the radiator looked new.
                  See i figured it has to be some kind of cleaner that has small abraisive particles in it . If not wouldnt you just leave a bunch of that old crusty stuff in there

Comment

I've literally poured a half a small bottle or quarter of a big bottle of dawn in a customers car (and personal vehicles) and had them drive for a couple weekends to a month before I did a follow op flush. The dish soap will lubricated the deals in the water pump and won't hurt the rest of the cooling system. Not sure about the cascade

Comment

Well i know with the cascaed you gotta change that shit quick . Noway you should go a couple of weekends with it . You can feel the grittyness in cascade so it makes sense that it would work at least on that front .

Comment

Working...
                      X