forged piston factory 302's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88-92 Lincoln Mark VII's had forged 4 eyebrow pistons

86-87 Mark VII's had the 86 GT engine (pure flat top forged pistons)

86-92 Crown Vic/Marquis/etc. had a slightly dished flat top forged piston w/ the 86 GT heads

the main thing to consider w/ the t-bird engines is are they HO? if not, they will have the baby dish flat tops w/ E6 heads
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      nope he needs more pictures of his car on the net
      what do you mean?

Comment

I was hoping you would pop in cooter.

Comment

Nothing wrong with some goodl ole hyper pistons. , I ran them for almost 3 years I think

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
            Nothing wrong with some goodl ole hyper pistons. , I ran them for almost 3 years I think
            And then you had one melt on you

I have seen it first hand... 48k miles and have one let go 175 shot FTL
            Last edited by sspstang; 05-22-2012, 06:20 PM.
            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

his balancer went on its own mission if i remember right.

Comment

his balancer went on its own mission if i remember right.
                Ive done that too. How do think my coupes first motor got fucked up? I lost a balancer at about 120 mph, and 5500 rpm. It never did run right after that.
                2012 Ford Edge

Comment

thats why you buy a romac and stick to turbo's vs a blower.

Comment

thats why you buy a romac and stick to turbo's vs a blower.
                    my coupe has never had nos, and it still let the 75k mile 95 cobra motor go.
                    2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                      And then you had one melt on you

I have seen it first hand... 48k miles and have one let go 175 shot FTL
                      My crank broke and the balancer took off. I was pitting down abouy 470 through an aod. Nothing but track for it. When we tore the motor down we did find the pistons were crack so that prolly explains why it had slowed down. Also we ran alot of timing and 110 octane

Comment

Mine will see nothing but 110. The fuel at the pumps in this down I barely trust in my cars.

Comment

im still on the fence about the t-bird motors. Some people say forged some say hypers.

Im trying to find actual for specs to end that debate. Who has a 1991 ford thunderbird brochure haha.
                          The one i pulled out of my 91' were forged TRW's, and I think7 of them are still running in another car. It also has e-7's, an HO cam, and the same crap intake from the 94-95 mustang. If it does not have the forged ones someone swapped them out ore it did not come from a 91-92 bird

Comment

I just googled this excellent little resource. All HO engines from '85+ had forged pistons, so add that information to this...

The following list is all '82-'01 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury passenger vehicles that had a 5.0L engine, either as standard or optional equipment. The models in RED could be ordered with the H.O. The rest could not. If anybody has any corrections, please let me know.

'82 = Mustang, Capri, Continental, Mark VI, Town Car, LTD, Marquis, Country Squire, Colony Park, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '83 = Mustang, Capri, Cougar, Continental, Mark VI, Town Car, LTD Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '84 = Mustang, Capri, LTD, Marquis, Thunderbird, Cougar, Continental, Mark VII, Town Car, LTD Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '85 = Mustang, Capri, LTD, Marquis, Thunderbird, Cougar, Continental, Mark VII, Town Car, LTD Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '86 = Mustang, Capri, Thunderbird, Cougar, Continental, Mark VII, Town Car, LTD Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '87 = Mustang, Thunderbird, Cougar, Continental, Mark VII, Town Car, LTD Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '88 = Mustang, Thunderbird, Cougar, Continental, Mark VII, Town Car, LTD Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '89 = Mustang, Mark VII, Town Car, LTD Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '90 = Mustang, Mark VII, Town Car, LTD Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '91 = Mustang, Thunderbird, Cougar, Mark VII, LTD Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '92 = Mustang, Thunderbird, Cougar, Mark VII, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '93 = Mustang, Thunderbird, Cougar, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '94 = Mustang, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '95 = Mustang, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '96 = Explorer, F-series, E-series, Bronco
                            '97 = Explorer, Mountaineer
                            '98 = Explorer, Mountaineer
                            '99 = Explorer, Mountaineer
                            '00 = Explorer, Mountaineer
                            '01 = Explorer, Mountaineer
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              I just googled this excellent little resource. All HO engines from '85+ had forged pistons, so add that information to this...
                              record scratch...

all HO engines from 85-92.5 had forged pistons. if your 92 had a gray oil pan, it had forged pistons. If it had a black oil pan, it had hyper pistons

all 92 Mark VII's I've seen had the gray oil pan and forged pistons

all 86-92 non-HO CAR engines (roller cam) had forged pistons, but they're a non-desirable style

I can't speak for the truck engines of that era
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X