?s about some of my bolt-ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?s about some of my bolt-ons

Just a few ?s for someone that has had more exper with modular motors than me.
    I have built several 5.0s including a sweet 347 with a s-trim Vortec on it.But not many 4.6 motors
    But anyway to the point
    I have a 2003 GT 5 sp.
    I have put a few little bolt ons and wondering if anyone knows if I get a SCT tuner if I will be able to make the proper adjustments to make these work right or if I would be better off without any of these modifications,
    Here is the list of mods
    C & L cold air kit
    C & L 90 mm mass air
    Pro products plenum
    Pro products 75 mm throtle body
    bassani x pipe
    flowmaster with cat back system
    4.10 gears
    + alot of suspension mods not listed

I also have a 150hp NoS Dry kit that Im thinking of installing,but want to get these mods setup right first.
    Any ideas?Or suggestions

Before you put nitrous you may want to look into a differant intake manifold. The stock plastic ones dont like spray very much. Longtubes will wake that car up too. A dyno tune will give the best results.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 03GT View Post
      Just a few ?s for someone that has had more exper with modular motors than me.
      I have built several 5.0s including a sweet 347 with a s-trim Vortec on it.But not many 4.6 motors
      But anyway to the point
      I have a 2003 GT 5 sp.
      I have put a few little bolt ons and wondering if anyone knows if I get a SCT tuner if I will be able to make the proper adjustments to make these work right or if I would be better off without any of these modifications,
      Here is the list of mods
      C & L cold air kit
      C & L 90 mm mass air
      Pro products plenum
      Pro products 75 mm throtle body
      bassani x pipe
      flowmaster with cat back system
      4.10 gears
      + alot of suspension mods not listed

I also have a 150hp NoS Dry kit that Im thinking of installing,but want to get these mods setup right first.
      Any ideas?Or suggestions
      i would get a tuner/tune for the simple fact that you will be able to re-cal your speedo for the gears and take out a couple of degrees of timing for the spray.
      your stock intake manifold is absolutely fine on nitrous as long as you dont bounce it off the limiter and cause a backfire. then all the kings men and all the kings horses wont be able to put it back together.
      2011 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

90 mm maf without a tune?

Lol

Get a tune or take that maf off.

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
        i would get a tuner/tune for the simple fact that you will be able to re-cal your speedo for the gears and take out a couple of degrees of timing for the spray.
        your stock intake manifold is absolutely fine on nitrous as long as you dont bounce it off the limiter and cause a backfire. then all the kings men and all the kings horses wont be able to put it back together.
        Lol @ less timing.

It's impossible for a dry kit to backfire...
        Last edited by majorownage; 05-21-2012, 06:16 PM.
        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
          Lol @ less timing.

It's impossible for a dry kit to backfire...
          lol @ living up to your screen name.

i just saw the "150" and "NoS"
          2011 Mustang GT
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
            lol @ living up to your screen name.

i just saw the "150" and "NoS"
            WOT switch and a window switch and you can run a wet kit on a stock intake safely

I had a diablo predator tuner on my 02 with cams and ported heads and every bolt on and it was enough to get it to run smoothly and had a good WOT tune

Comment

So Once I get a tuner,this should be a decent little package?
              Im just wanting to make sure it all matches up right.
              Thanks for the tips guys.

Comment

Ok,I think Im going to sell the nitrous kit for the time being and buy a good tuner.
                I was wanting a different NoS kit anyways

Comment

I have an SCT tunner that I got when I bought my supercharger that I will sell you? I don't know if its locked or not $50

Comment

Working...
                  X