88' LX 5.0 Electrical Issues - Turn Sigs, Dome Light, Radio Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88' LX 5.0 Electrical Issues - Turn Sigs, Dome Light, Radio Not Working

I've checked all the fuses and they look to be fine, unless I'm missing some fuses somewhere. Is there another fuse panel other than the one lower left of the steering column?
    The turn signals inside and outside aren't working at all, but hazards do. I don't even hear the tick tick tick the signals usually make.
    Dome light and radio aren't working as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Marc
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Swap the turn signal and hazard relays, see what happens. I'd double check the fuses in the box with a test light, make sure it lights up on both sides of the fuse.

Comment

Multi-function switch(Turn signal,wiper,hi/lo lever) - just a thought. I had problems with my headlights and my turn signals on my 87. It was the culprit for me.

Although I didn't have any problems with the radio and dome light...

There was another thread on here where somebody had a similar problem - I think his ended up being some bad wiring though.

EDIT: The one I was thinking of was caused by bad wiring - http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ighlight=radio
      Last edited by 71chevellejohn; 12-18-2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jim, I checked them with a test light but I'll double check.
        If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          Multi-function switch(Turn signal,wiper,hi/lo lever) - just a thought. I had problems with my headlights and my turn signals on my 87. It was the culprit for me.

Although I didn't have any problems with the radio and dome light...

There was another thread on here where somebody had a similar problem - I think his ended up being some bad wiring though.
          Thanks, I'll do a search on the multi-function switch, maybe it's that and I miss a fuse somewhere.

Comment

sounds like bigger problem than just the turn signal switch since the radio is involved, can you read electrical diagrams?

It could also be the ignition switch module......thats where i would start......the other stated problems all tie into this

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
              sounds like bigger problem than just the turn signal switch since the radio is involved, can you read electrical diagrams?
              Nuh uh, not at all really. I was happy I was actually able to wire up some driving lights on my truck and have them work.

Comment

Well to add to the list of things that aren't working, map light & power mirrors. Rusty forgot to say thanks for the diagrams, I appreciate it. I think once I take a day and actually get in there I'm sure I'll figure it out with the diagrams.

Comment

AMP light is now on and the headlights are as bright as taping 2 flashlights to the front. But I'll have to say the car is running uber strong. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                    AMP light is now on and the headlights are as bright as taping 2 flashlights to the front. But I'll have to say the car is running uber strong. lol
                    You have more problems with that car than fuse blown and lights not working. First off fix the charging system problem then mess with the stuff not working. So...load check battery and test alt.

Comment

Well I had the alt. tested and it's not putting out what it's supposed to, I forgot the exact reading. I'll run it back up to O'rielly's and get the reading.
                      The alt. is a PA Performance 130 Amp 3G Alternator but I don't know if the cables are a thicker guage for the upgraded alt. or if they need to be. I would think that would make a dif.?
                      If the alt. is good but still not pushing the corrent amp what could it possible be?

Thanks,
                      Marc
                      Last edited by Up0n0ne; 12-20-2010, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Battery, or cables/connections (pos and or neg)...

Comment

Working...
                        X