Need Clutch Replacement on Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Clutch Replacement on Focus

I have a 2003 Focus DOHC 5spd that needs the clutch replaced. I "loaned" it to my brother in-law and he burned it up.

I recently lost my job and my company car. Therefore, I need to get this extra vehicle fixed.

With that said I, am looking for a suggestion for someone to correctly repair it at a nominal fee. I can provide the needed clutch kit. I do not want to do it myself as my garage has two projects in it currently and my driveway is sloped. Not to mention I have never done a clutch replacement on a FWD car.

Any suggestions or offers are appreciated. Please PM me with details or interest. I am in the N. Fort Worth area. I can get it trailered.

Thanks,

Mike

Dude that's a easy job. If I was closer I'd do it.

Comment

Mike If I had the time id do it for you.

Have you thought about seeing the the tech students at TCC would do it?

Or north Texas sticker station? They charge 75$/hour.

You think Brent in gville will know someone up there that can get you a hook up?
      Last edited by 91CoupeMike; 05-14-2012, 08:57 AM.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Have you talked to Jim?
        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Know a guy. His shop is dirty and unorganized. Its in ftworth . Got his number . Wifes Honda needed a clutch and tranny. $650 installed. Still running strong a year later.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I will check into some of the options. Any other info., please send it.

Comment

Anybody else have a recommendation for a shop?

Comment

Let me find that number. Guys name is tony

Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

817-683-4474

Comment

^thx

Comment

No problem . In my 99 Honda he quoted me 450 parts and labor. Found out the tranny had bad bearings and that's why it was making so much noise. The tranny he had had a third gear that grinded a lil but could get a better one if i wanted to wait a couple days. Well i needed the car fast . So he only charged me 200 more. Did a few seals on the motor while he was in there no charge. Lol said he hated leaky engines. Come to find out the tranny wasn't that bad. Only grinds when your over 4k and shifting hard. Normal driving its fine. I've seen him working on everything from fox bodies to G36s. His thing is hondas. But good guy that won't fuck you with honest prices. He had it done in a matter of hours. Lol and his lift was broken that day......

Comment

Working...
                      X