Front end vibration and noise????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end vibration and noise????

I have an 07 mustang gt and between 40-70 mph it has a noise and. Ibration coming from the front end and if I turn the wheel to the right it gets worse ive already replaced tie rod ends and balanced the tires again any ideas Of what it could be ?

worn tires?

Comment

No the tires are brand new

Comment

Tuned by Sam?
        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Noise is kinda general...

If it changes with turning I am going to guess wheel bearing... easy fix
          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Just for shits and grins, check the harmonic dampener. Happened to me once.

Comment

Originally posted by redfiveohconv View Post
              Especially after 6 closed road races.
              2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by Fast_black07 View Post
                No the tires are brand new
                I've seen brand new tires with a broken ply on the inside before.

Comment

How would turning to the right make it worse? Just curious, not to start stuff. Its a 07, not a 5.0 balancer.

I would bet it is a hub bearing. Seen them, heard them, felt them.

Will agree about new tires being junk. Bearings and tires are easy to check. If the tires were balanced, I would hope the person doing it would notice a broken belt.
                  Some cars and a bike...

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                    How would turning to the right make it worse? Just curious, not to start stuff. Its a 07, not a 5.0 balancer.

I would bet it is a hub bearing. Seen them, heard them, felt them.

Will agree about new tires being junk. Bearings and tires are easy to check. If the tires were balanced, I would hope the person doing it would notice a broken belt.
                    Not so much the turning to the right. Just the noise and the vibration, he was pretty vague. And it never hurts to rule crap out, especially when it only takes a few seconds to reach down and grab stuff. I've seen the weight just come off, and I've seen a king pin just shear off but visually everything look okay. Though I totally agree that I am out of my element when I start popping off about modular engines, but I'm sure that thing is balanced externally too right, like a push rod engine?

The ply actually happened first hand, where I installed the tire, drove it home, and the ply broke two days later. Cooper brand.

Comment

The ply actually happened first hand, where I installed the tire, drove it home, and the ply broke two days later. Cooper brand.
                      Nuff said.... Cooper... lol.

I only stated my internet diagnosis off of the almost service advisor-like write up, I had to deal with. Had a few years in the biz....
                      Some cars and a bike...

Comment

It's not a hub bearing not that loud just loud enough to be annoying.

Comment

Okay.

What kind of noise are you hearing?
                          Some cars and a bike...

Comment

It's hard to explain its always the same sound like something is loose but I couldn't find it

Comment

Maybe your exhaust has come off of a hanger? Broken sway bar?

Comment

Working...
                              X