Thinking of putting gears in my '12 V-6 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of putting gears in my '12 V-6 Mustang

Either 3.31's or 3.55's. Any downsides? How much MPG's will that cost me?

Fo five sixes
    2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
    Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
    Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
      Either 3.31's or 3.55's. Any downsides? How much MPG's will that cost me?
      4.10 Ftw
      Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
      03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
        Fo five sixes
        LMAO !!! He will never live that down.

Comment

Originally posted by 03shadow4v View Post
          4.10 Ftw
          agreed. that motor has to rev. dont worry about milage, it will likely not change.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
            agreed. that motor has to rev. dont worry about milage, it will likely not change.
            Kinda like your employment status?
            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
              whatever you say neo

Comment

I've got 3.73's in my 11 v6 with the manual and they seem to be just right, but its enough where I can completely skip 1st gear if I want to. My gas mileage went down a bit too. If thats a big enough concern, I'd stick with 3.55's. With the 3.73's I run just a hair under 3k rpms at about 80 on the highway in 6th. I've got quite a few bolt on's and a tune but with the 3.73's I average about 22mpg mixed driving, 27ish on the highway running 80.....yea a 5.0 will average about the same. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Karson View Post
                  I've got 3.73's in my 11 v6 with the manual and they seem to be just right, but its enough where I can completely skip 1st gear if I want to. My gas mileage went down a bit too. If thats a big enough concern, I'd stick with 3.55's. With the 3.73's I run just a hair under 3k rpms at about 80 on the highway in 6th. I've got quite a few bolt on's and a tune but with the 3.73's I average about 22mpg mixed driving, 27ish on the highway running 80.....yea a 5.0 will average about the same. Oh well.
                  more info or pix on your v6 please. sounds awesome

Comment

I'm a rep for Latemodelrestoration.com and my car is our Project Six Appeal. Heres the link to the latest blog on it. Its a fun car. My mustangs before this were an 06 gt with the typical bolt on's, and an 03 mach with all the bolt on's, and this car is quicker than both of them and more fun to drive.

The blogs

Comment

Damn good looking car^^^^

Comment

dyno numbers please? track times?

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                          Oh snap !!
                          03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                            dyno numbers please? track times?
                            Last summer with 110 degree heat in a shop with no fans and plenty of heat soak it did 278rwhp 260tq. I'm going to get it retuned sometime in the next couple weeks so I'll get updated numbers that aren't putting it at such a deficit in better conditions. It should be somewhere around 300ish at the wheels.

As far as 1/4 time, again we were a bit unfair. Last summer at Mustang Week it ran on the 19 inch wheels with nitto 555's in 107 degree heat and ran a 13.48. I cant remember the trap speed but with a good tire and better conditions, it should be a consistent high 12 second car.

We built the car primarily for autocross/roadrace use and its awesome at this. Heres a vid. of us playing with it at Hallett last year. Yes those are 5.0's and gt500's it caught up to

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGII86RgqII[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Karson View Post
                              I'm a rep for Latemodelrestoration.com and my car is our Project Six Appeal. Heres the link to the latest blog on it. Its a fun car. My mustangs before this were an 06 gt with the typical bolt on's, and an 03 mach with all the bolt on's, and this car is quicker than both of them and more fun to drive.

The blogs
                              http://blog.latemodelrestoration.com...eal-new-parts/
                              And you say this car is faster than your previous Mach ?????
                              03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Working...
                              X