My coupe will not start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My coupe will not start.

I was going to back it out and throw the slicks on it for sunday, since I had a off day today. I fired it up, it sat there and idled for about 10 seconds and died. It has not restarted since. I checked my fuse box, no blown fuses. It was low on gas, about a 1/8th of a tank, so I put 3 gallons of gas in it. My fuel pump is coming on, its spinning, and I am getting fire to the coil. I shot starting fluid into the TB and it still would not start. Any ideas? It was fine last saturday, now it will not fire. Next on my list to check will be the fuel pressure, but that will have to wait until friday. Cap, rotor, and wires are new. I changed the coil out for a back up one I had, and it was still the same. So I am guessing its something fire related as shooting starting fluid in the TB did nothing.
    2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
    2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
    2012 Ford Edge

Might be your relay, Im still fighting with my coupe & its doing the same thing, Just turns & turns. Gonna order a new Fuel Pump & have two new relays & go from there & just hope it starts. But I would check your relays first. Either under your Drivers Seat or under the Mass Air meter
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I did, and they look good. I replaced it in 06, hell I rebuilt that bitch too, as it was so bad. I can hear the pump, but I should be able to make it start with starting fluid, but I can not.
      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
        I was going to back it out and throw the slicks on it for sunday, since I had a off day today. I fired it up, it sat there and idled for about 10 seconds and died. It has not restarted since. I checked my fuse box, no blown fuses. It was low on gas, about a 1/8th of a tank, so I put 3 gallons of gas in it. My fuel pump is coming on, its spinning, and I am getting fire to the coil. I shot starting fluid into the TB and it still would not start. Any ideas? It was fine last saturday, now it will not fire. Next on my list to check will be the fuel pressure, but that will have to wait until friday. Cap, rotor, and wires are new. I changed the coil out for a back up one I had, and it was still the same. So I am guessing its something fire related as shooting starting fluid in the TB did nothing.
        TFI Module
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

How would I determine if it was bad? I don't want to be throwing a bunch of money out.
          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            TFI Module
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              TFI Module
              This or the Halls Effect p/u in the Dizzy...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                How would I determine if it was bad? I don't want to be throwing a bunch of money out.
                Its only like $15.00 at NAPA
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

60.00 at oriley, 40.00 at autozone. Is there not some way to detemine this is exactly what is wrong?
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

194.00 at napa
                    2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Will a 95 351 f150 be the same? I can try it first.
                      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Most napa or autozone have testers for them.

Comment

Testers I could bring it home? The nearest autozone is 5 miles away.
                          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

As stated above, it's in the distributor. It's either the pickup or the TFI. The pickup tells the ECU when to fire and fuel the engine. The module just interprets the signal, assists in dwell calculation etc.

The coil is hot on the red wire with key on, it only 'fires' on the grounded side.

You can get a noid light for 5$ to test and see if the injectors are firing. If they are NOT firing, or the grounded side of the coil isn't pulsing - It's likely the pickup module. They're a pain in the ass to replace, you have to pull the distributor apart to get it out - and nothing holds it in place!

Comment

Take your tfi in and they will test it. You'll need some new goop for the back of it, if it is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X