new parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new parts

Ordered a msd blaster coil and a kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge for my car today. I would think, being it runs rich, i could get it set right and drop about a tenth off my time, right?

If you have dumps it will always seem like its rich haha.

It doesnt hurt to play with it and see if you get some results.

Comment

A tenth is a big jump for a coil and adjusting the furl pressure.

Why would you adjust the fuel pressure anyways? The factory pressure is what the ECM is set on for your air/fuel ratio. If your car is truly running rich I'd find the culprit of that first. ECT, o2 sens ect..

It just doesnt run rich just because.. Unless the stock regulator is toast.

IMO changing fuel pressure isnt really nessacerry.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

well, it's also a plan for the future. it does have ACCEL injectors with "24" stamped on them, so i assume they are 24lb'ers. yes it does have dumps, but i have had 2 other cars with dumps and didn't try to burn your eyes out when standing near the car, thought maybe something with the injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by jlyon View Post
          well, it's also a plan for the future. it does have ACCEL injectors with "24" stamped on them, so i assume they are 24lb'ers. yes it does have dumps, but i have had 2 other cars with dumps and didn't try to burn your eyes out when standing near the car, thought maybe something with the injectors.
          If the computer is thinking they are 19# and you have 24# that could cause an issue.

What mass air meter are you running?

That issue would be corrected with pulse width on the injector instead of fuel pressure. Because at WOT there is no vacuum so the regulator is maxxed out and the injectors are at full pulse.

So changing the pressure may help your in town drivability but once you romp on it, it'll start to run fat again,

Comment

it is a speed density car. im fine if it runs a little fat at WOT, you can for sure tell it's fat at idle.

Comment

I dont mean to be a prick here 91coupe, but i have been there and done it. You still have a stock mustang. Until you have owned a highly modified i wouldnt ever say parts are not needed.

Not ever car needs a tune. Some just need some fp adjustments along with the timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                I dont mean to be a prick here 91coupe, but i have been there and done it. You still have a stock mustang. Until you have owned a highly modified i wouldnt ever say parts are not needed.

Not ever car needs a tune. Some just need some fp adjustments along with the timing.
                No need to worry, didn't realize it was a speed density car. I've owned only 1 speed densisty car and don't really know a lot on how they measure fuel trim.

And yes a little fat at WOT is what you want. 12.8:1 fat to be precise!

With that said, throw it on there and see what it does, depending on how fat it really is will decide your e/t change.

How do yor plugs look?

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  No need to worry, didn't realize it was a speed density car. I've owned only 1 speed densisty car and don't really know a lot on how they measure fuel trim.

And yes a little fat at WOT is what you want. 12.8:1 fat to be precise!

With that said, throw it on there and see what it does, depending on how fat it really is will decide your e/t change.

How do yor plugs look?
                  i haven't pulled them and looked at them. the ones i pulled shortly after getting the car, they, for the most part, looked burnt, while a couple looked just fine. i couldn't tell ya which ones though. also, one was toast......

Comment

i have no idea how long those were in or anything. i did replace them with motorcraft 42c's

Comment

Id use the cheaper copper autolights. If i remember right its ap25's and 24's are for 125shot.

Its hard to read a efi plug. You can see detonation and big mishapps, but general tuning can be hard. Not like carb cars.

Im just happy you finally have a fox. I know you have wanted one forever. When i visit if my stock intake is not in kellys dads garage i need one.

Comment

Id use the cheaper copper autolights. If i remember right its ap25's and 24's are for 125shot.

Its hard to read a efi plug. You can see detonation and big mishapps, but general tuning can be hard. Not like carb cars.

Im just happy you finally have a fox. I know you have wanted one forever. When i visit if my stock intake is not in kellys dads garage i need one.
                        i just scrapped my stock intake 2 weeks ago. you forget i work for Ford, so i got the MC 42's for less then $2 each, if i remember right. maybe it was just over $2 each. either way, i get them cheap. it did take, what seemed like, for ever to get me one. i knew i would, it was just all about when.

BTW: i LOVE the way the explorer intake makes it sound.

Comment

I forget that. I left mine at his dads haha. Im sure its still there with my stock axles.

You see the car im getting?

Comment

I forget that. I left mine at his dads haha. Im sure its still there with my stock axles.

You see the car im getting?
                            no i haven't, give the details

Comment

pm incoming

Comment

Working...
                              X