No announcement yet.

Broken sway bar at lower control arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an AJE Chrome Moly K-Member & road race A-arms, Steeda 4bolt CC plates, SSM Uppers and HPM Jr. lowers, Kenny Brown Panhard rod, Koni DA struts and shocks, D&D coil overs, Roush 33mm SB.

Like I've stated I try and do a lot of research on aftermarket parts I buy for my car. I'm not saying MM shit isn't good, but I prefer to buy parts that are in my opinion the best.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      I have an AJE Chrome Moly K-Member & road race A-arms, Steeda 4bolt CC plates, SSM Uppers and HPM Jr. lowers, Kenny Brown Panhard rod, Koni DA struts and shocks, D&D coil overs, Roush 33mm SB.

Like I've stated I try and do a lot of research on aftermarket parts I buy for my car. I'm not saying MM shit isn't good, but I prefer to buy parts that are in my opinion the best.
      So instead of going with parts from a single manufacturer to get proven results out of a package you like to Frankenstein shit from every different manufacturer you can find and just hope it all works well together?
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Her vertnut, throw those broken arms my way, rather than the trash if you would.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
          So instead of going with parts from a single manufacturer to get proven results out of a package you like to Frankenstein shit from every different manufacturer you can find and just hope it all works well together?
          Oh man I didn't know your were a MM factory racer.
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

For what it's worth, I got the BBK LCA's today (next day from Waco was free!?), and I'm really impressed with the appearance of them. They seem to be well made. I'll throw them in tomorrow or Friday and find out for sure.

Comment

Oh man I didn't know your were a MM factory racer.
              I asked you a sincere question as to what you didn't like about the MM CC plates and you start spouting off all the parts you have from different manufacturers.
              You have D&D coilovers, which I think are shit because I had them on my car originally and they squeaked when I turned and the bearings in the set I had went bad very quickly. If you did all the research you say you might have seen that a lot of people had issues with them being noisy.
              I just like to know why when people say that a part isn't good, especially from a well respected manufacturer.
              The fact is the MM stuff when used together is a proven performer on and off the track and has a reputation for being more durable for street cars too than a lot of all out race parts. That's just something that's not necessarily guaranteed when you mix parts from different manufacturers together. Not saying your combo doesn't work.

Comment

You can have your opinion, its cool, you think MM are the best, you've given them all of your money, good for you. You drank the koolaide, doesnt mean other aftermarket are shit becasue you say you had a 'SQUEAK'.

I use Steeda's 4 bolt CC plates and you use M&M, here are pics, lets see why you really think MMs are better, I know the difference, lets see if you do, Mr. Road Racer.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  Her vertnut, throw those broken arms my way, rather than the trash if you would.
                  As long as you don't use a swaybar, they're fine. Should be done tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    As long as you don't use a swaybar, they're fine. Should be done tomorrow.
                    Did you get the new ones installed?

Comment

you posted 2 mins after he said they will be done tomorrow.... so doubt they are installed

Comment

Originally posted by Redd View Post
                        you posted 2 mins after he said they will be done tomorrow.... so doubt they are installed
                        Hmmmm. Ok my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd View Post
                          I got started, but it sucks. Got the swaybar off. These ARE aftermarket units and I'm struggling with the shock bracket bolt. Not sure what to do with it, but I've got tomorrow to work on it.

Comment

Dont hesitate to give me a ring if ya need a hand. I should be home around 4ish, planning on doing some stuff to the new truck

Comment

You can have your opinion, its cool, you think MM are the best, you've given them all of your money, good for you. You drank the koolaide, doesnt mean other aftermarket are shit becasue you say you had a 'SQUEAK'.

I use Steeda's 4 bolt CC plates and you use M&M, here are pics, lets see why you really think MMs are better, I know the difference, lets see if you do, Mr. Road Racer.
                              Not sure where I said MM CC plates were better than your Steeda 4-bolts or that I'm a roadracer. This whole time you haven't answered the simple question of why you don't think MM's are good and that's the question I asked you.
                              As far as what I would observe from the pictures, the plate with the strut mount bearing on the MMs is above the plate that bolts to the tower, whereas on the Steeda it is beneath. This would mean the load on the bearing plate on the Steedas is supported by the contact area between the two plates and on the MMs the load is taken by the bolts.
                              I've never heard of any failures of either brand so not sure if that makes much difference. From what I understand the strut tower itself is weaker than the plates.
                              Go ahead and tell me what I missed.

Comment

Working...
                              X