Broken sway bar at lower control arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken sway bar at lower control arm?

Just got back from a spirited drive through some twisties, and broke my sway bar loose from the HPM lower control arm. Is this common? Are these not a good product?

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    Just got back from a spirited drive through some twisties, and broke my sway bar loose from the HPM lower control arm. Is this common? Are these not a good product?
    Lol. I did the same back when I had my coupe. It's fairly common with HPM lca's. I had a friend that was a welder fix it up. Didn't have any problems with it till the car got stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
      Lol. I did the same back when I had my coupe. It's fairly common with HPM lca's. I had a friend that was a welder fix it up. Didn't have any problems with it till the car got stolen.
      I heard all this banging going on, and I was like "WTF is that?" Crawled under it, and it wasn't hard to find, LOL. Looks like it would be tough to weld, but maybe not. Thanks for the help.

Comment

shoot me a pic of it... i got a welder If i can help ya out I will.

But I may be going to the hospital tonight lol... wife starting to have contractions

Comment

Originally posted by Redd View Post
          shoot me a pic of it... i got a welder If i can help ya out I will.

But I may be going to the hospital tonight lol... wife starting to have contractions
          It can certainly wait until the baby's here! LOL! I only drive her a few times a month.

Comment

Broke one on my 97 cobra. Put a fox one on it and never had another problem.
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
              Broke one on my 97 cobra. Put a fox one on it and never had another problem.
              It's not the bar, but the bracket on the LCA.

Comment

Well, it's not "weldable". Who makes the best LCA's (other than HPM) and who can install them?

Comment

I've never heard of any MM arms breaking. They are super easy to install so if you have any mechanical ability it's a do-it-yourself job.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I broke my sway bar on my Cobra, years ago. I replaced it, I also have HPM jr's and never had a problem where it mounts to the SB.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Well, it's not "weldable". Who makes the best LCA's (other than HPM) and who can install them?
                      What do you mean? Pics?
                      +1 for Maximum Motorsports
                      Last edited by Mach1; 05-01-2012, 12:34 PM.
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I have Southside maching uppers and HPMjr lowers, I don't think SSMS is in business anymore. Or they may have been bought out by someone, Yates maybe. Anyway I would think that Kenny Brown makes some good stuff...
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Hotchkis - Never had a single problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I have Southside maching uppers and HPMjr lowers, I don't think SSMS is in business anymore. Or they may have been bought out by someone, Yates maybe. Anyway I would think that Kenny Brown makes some good stuff...
                            I can get BBK or Maximum Motorsport tomorrow. Any opinion on either of those? I'm thinking MM? I'll just do them in the garage. Shouldn't be too bad.

Comment

I can get BBK or Maximum Motorsport tomorrow. Any opinion on either of those? I'm thinking MM? I'll just do them in the garage. Shouldn't be too bad.
                              Hmmm, I don;t know, I only use good shit, lol!

Hotchkis is good stuff, I had some MM CC plates and they were not very good. BBK seems to make a nice product.

Comment

Working...
                              X