2012 auto to 6speed swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 auto to 6speed swap

I have a 2012 with a few bolt on's. Its currently an auto and i have the opportunity to do a complete 6speed swap with a local guy from his 2012 and he is gonna do all the labor. I was gonna go boosted eventually, hence the auto purchase. I went ahead and bought a plate kit for the car and will prob spray 150 - 175. I really miss driving a standard on the street so im thinking seriously about this swap. I need any info or input from u guys on these cars 6spd transmissions. Will they hold up to 500-550 rwhp? It will have a centerforce clutch and aftermarket shifter. Thanks in advance for helpful info.

i personally think this is a very stupid move but if you are gunna do it try to instal a t56 instead of the t6060 6spd that comes in 11-13gt's. they break more easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
      i personally think this is a very stupid move but if you are gunna do it try to instal a t56 instead of the t6060 6spd that comes in 11-13gt's. they break more easily.
      The TR6060 is what comes in the GT500. The MT-82 is what comes in the GT. If he can get a TR6060 for the swap, he's coming out ahead.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Under what conditions are they breaking? Stock? Whats breaking in them? I heard about a few that has had issues but i was told it was like the 1st 6mths of 2011 production cars that was seeing those issues. Thx for a headsup, if i was planning on making more power i deff wouldnt do the swap. Im just bored with the auto allready.

Comment

I would never chop up a brand new car, aren't going to destroy the warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad91 View Post
            Under what conditions are they breaking? Stock? Whats breaking in them? I heard about a few that has had issues but i was told it was like the 1st 6mths of 2011 production cars that was seeing those issues.
            They were made in China.
            2 Chronicles 7:14
            If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

The problem with the 6spd Manuals was the limited to the first run 11s from what I've heard.

Comment

The later run 11's and 12's don't have the same issues, but if you beat on them, you can still get the China Whine. The operation hasn't been affected and I barely notice the noise anymore. It's much worse on cold days.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                  Like you know anything.

Comment

I'd never swap my A6 out.

Comment

I wouldn't do it. And if your are going to do it, you better make sure that the swap is easy as it sounds.

You will also have to switch out the clutch/brake pedal assembly and all the switches that come with the cluctch pedal, it will require a harness for a 6M. I just worked on a pedal assembly on a 08 6M and it was a pain in the ass this week.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I dont have any warranty left, lol. I actually tried to buy the car without warranty to save some money but ford wasnt having it. I love my auto and Archie has it tuned on spot. But damn it gets boring at the track. 7.98 @ 92 is not that fast but i bet it would be fun with a 6 speed. Car has full magnaflow competition exaust, no cats. Boss intake and jlt cold air with Archies tune. It put down 380rwhp @ 7500 rpm. But it did pull 165 in 4th with the 3.15 gears.

Comment

I guess 4.10's and a 175-200 will make it fun.

Comment

I dont have any warranty left, lol. I actually tried to buy the car without warranty to save some money but ford wasnt having it. I love my auto and Archie has it tuned on spot. But damn it gets boring at the track. 7.98 @ 92 is not that fast but i bet it would be fun with a 6 speed. Car has full magnaflow competition exaust, no cats. Boss intake and jlt cold air with Archies tune. It put down 380rwhp @ 7500 rpm. But it did pull 165 in 4th with the 3.15 gears.
                            I wouldn't do the swap. If you want a manual so badly trade in your car for one with a stick.
                            2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

I guess 4.10's and a 175-200 will make it fun.
                              Do 430's longtubes,

Comment

Working...
                              X