Hey Diesel Guys, Need Your Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Diesel Guys, Need Your Help

I'm truck shopping and found a 99 F250 7.3L with engine problems.

I'm no diesel guy so I need your help. Check out the video. Do any of you recognize an issue from the video. I imagine it's probably serious and the seller is playing ignorant.

Thanks in advance.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9_koklc00o[/ame]
    Last edited by homealone; 04-27-2012, 09:46 PM.

What codes does it give?

Comment

Other than that, the seller first stated it needed injectors. Now he says it might be electrical. Hopefully I will have more info tomorrow. I know its vague but I was hoping someone might have an idea. I haven't touched a Diesel since the early 90's and that was basic service work.

Comment

Valve cover gaskets.
        Last edited by Mysticcobrakilla; 04-28-2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Exhaust tip
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I second the valve cover gaskets. They have a wiring harness that runs through them and they tend to fail. My buddy just went through the same exact thing but they replaced all 8 injectors and the fuel pump and it ended up being the valve cover gaskets.

Comment

Mine started making that rack-it, it was the ICP Sensor & Connector, oil gets in it and they end up going bad and doing this.
              When mine did it, it made all that noise as well as shake real bad when stopped and idling. If this is it, it costs about $255 for the ICP Sensor and Connector and it's not serious and a easy fix.
              My understanding if the injectors are bad, it would have a little longer start time then it does in the video.

If you have an OBDII, plug-it in and it will show the code. If you don't have one, depending on where you/truck are at I can run down and we can use mine.
              Last edited by Up0n0ne; 04-27-2012, 10:15 PM.
              2 Chronicles 7:14
              If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Last one I worked on needed 2 injectors and a update in the ecu.

Comment

Start it up and wiggle the valve cover gasket harness plug on each side it should smooth out and then mess up again. But with how it started smooth and then shook and then killed it and started rough I bet its the harness in the gasket. About $75 a side plus labor or do it yourself.

Comment

Do it yourself

Comment

Working...
                    X