AOD fox question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOD fox question

It mght not even be related to the AOD. But it only happens in 1st. I'll punch it in first and after about 3k it sputters a bit or something. Very hard to explain. It will make the tires chirp and run a bit rough as if it's bucking. After this it's good. Baffles me. Could it be a grounding issue? Trans problem?
    Last edited by Tannerm; 04-27-2012, 02:05 AM.

you got me on that one, but id say its prolly fuel related and not tranny related.

Comment

I hope not. It was 93 octane with one Lucas fuel cleaner I add every no and then.

Comment

I'm talking about the carb and filters goofball. If bad gas regardless of the octane ever got to the carb it would spit and sputter. Could be timing too. Maybe something like the vacuum advance going to the carb possibly.

Comment

Filter looks good. It's a clear glass filter that is viewable at carb. As for the timing, I just recently dumbed it from 14ish to 11.

Comment

Could also be the initial timing not being enough. I'll try 15-16 tomorrow. I'm wondering if the dizzy is able to keep up(?) it's a stock ford fox dizzy with vacuum secondary (good diaphragm).

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
              Could also be the initial timing not being enough. I'll try 15-16 tomorrow. I'm wondering if the dizzy is able to keep up(?) it's a stock ford fox dizzy with vacuum secondary (good diaphragm).
              i would go 14max on iron heads. just put it back to where it was exactly and i bet that fixes the problem.

Comment

16 will work with a stock dizzy on some cars, others you can not get them past 14. I would go 14 max like steve said. Time for a T-5 swap! I bet you could get you mpg up too.
                2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                  16 will work with a stock dizzy on some cars, others you can not get them past 14. I would go 14 max like steve said. Time for a T-5 swap! I bet you could get you mpg up too.
                  We worked out those details last night so it will be coming . He is looking for a pedal assembly , bell housing & quadrant now .
                  Big Rooster Racing

Comment

now if he would stop trying to sell it on craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                      We worked out those details last night so it will be coming . He is looking for a pedal assembly , bell housing & quadrant now .
                      mexilant!
                      Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                      x2
                      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                        I thought you guys knew Tanner?

Jk....
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                          I thought you guys knew Tanner?

Jk....
                          lol just giving him a hard time.

Comment

Chaz has point!

As forthw issue, I upped the timing to around 14-15. Hard to be 100%. I also played with the idle screws. Went from a 500rpm drop (P to D) to only 200rpm. She still makes a whining bucking noise. But I'm hoping it's the tires chirping from the raw 1000rwhp that this beast has!!!

Jim is correct. He and I will be hunting for a few parts. Jim I thought we had a bell housing to use? Am I now looking for the bell, quadrant, peddles, and cable? Noted!

Anyone have any of those items?

Comment

The hardest part to find will be the pedals. a T-5 is cake, the cable, quadrant, and clutch are easy. You will get better MPG, and like the car 10x better. I have told Clint before. Auto's are fun if its just a track car, but if you DD it, a T-5 is where it is at. I personally do not like auto's even as track cars. I would rather bang gears.
                              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Working...
                              X