Problems with 2003 cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with 2003 cobra

Ok first problem, I'm having a slight pop in my front suspension which I hear is normal for these cars, I have checked to see if tires move up and down and side to side on jack stands and nothing happened. I also pulled on tie Rods and checked all bushings and nothing seems wrong, also checked struts and nothing is loose. What else could it be?
    Problem 2- car I doing the normal cobra shit and dying at red lights when I put it in neutral and slow down. Rpm's start dropping and don't stop. I change spark plugs, got a new air filter, cleaned the IAC, and I even tried that sea foam shit today an I still have the problem. Any ideas?

What is normal cobra shit?
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Cleaning the IAC on the newer stangs hardly ever works. Also depending on the pop could be struts or strut bushings or and number of things depending on when its doing.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Check you lower control arm bolts. They can pop if they get even a tiny bit loose...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Shouldnt be a pop sound at all. When does it happen? While turning? Not a common problem to me. Something is amiss. Coil overs?
          "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

For me I went through the trouble of changing a-arms and it turned out to be the rubber bushing on top of the shock.
            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Bought 5 years ago and I have 92,000 miles now, never had any of the problems you described.
              03 cobra

Comment

Randomly catching fire and exploding-the usual tuff
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

It only happens when I'm driving really slow or turning the wheel, once I get up to around 10-15 mph it stops and I say usual stuff bc on other forums a lot of cobra owners ha the same problems but nobody had a solution

Comment

Do you have caster/camber plates? Upr cc plates are known to pop if you have them. Car hunting for idle when slowing down is a tune issue if you cleaned air filter, mass air, fuel filter and checked for vacuum leaks.
                    2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Check your steering shaft.
                      440-RWHP, 400-TQ, 6psi
                      7.4 @ 93 mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

No cc plates and would the steering shaft pop while driving in a straight line?

Comment

Mine has a upper strut bushing noise while driving at low speeds, small bumps, and sometimes turning. Some times braking (getting the nose to drop some) will make it pop also.

It has been doing it for about 30k miles and it is worse in warm/ hot weather. I usually turn the noise cancelization knob clockwise to correct the issue. I know how to fix it, what parts are needed, but its only a noise and I would rather save the time and money. ( Some 03's had issue with lower control arm bushings but was usually under hard braking)

The dying issue can be a lot of different things. IAC cleaning is usually waste of time as mentioned before. Might see if any new PCM flashes if car is still stock. When mine was new they had something published for that issue IIRC.
                          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

On car dying sounds like a bad IAC, when coming down toward idle. The IAC may not be opening or intermittently opening, would replace it. If thats not the issue, then its in your tune, it may not be tuned correctly to compensate de-exceleration. I had similair issue, replaced the IAC, and Manny was able to tune it out the rest. Good luck!!
                            sigpic
                            Kevin Jones
                            The Colony, Texas

Comment

If you're using an intake without the maf screen, it needs to be tuned for it. Otherwise, the stalling happens.
                              '04 Mach 1

Comment

Working...
                              X