Jerico Vs C4 automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerico Vs C4 automatic

just put my new motor in my car. 434, afr 225 heads, 12.5:1 comp, 700 lift 268 int @ 50. broke the transmission, first pass on new motor. car set for a few months. Rebuilt the c4, all good shit! Sent the converter to mikes trick shift, and had it redone for the new motor specs. He said it should be a little tight on motor, but perfect on bottle. It seems to me that it is very loose on the motor. If your crusing along about 65mph, and let off the gas it will drop back to idle speed. This motor should make a ton of power but when u make a test blast, it feels like there is 100hp hiding somewhere in the drivetrain. Been thinking of swapping to a jerico 4spd. Sick of this auto converter bull shit. Anyone here ran a jerico, is it very streetable as i enjoy cruising around sometimes, and going to the local car meet.

Getting very frustrated with this automatic, anyone have any ideas?

thanks
    adam

this son of a bitch should fly, And im very disapointed in it for the money i have spent!

Comment

converter bieng loose has nothing to do with what it does when you let off the gas.

The real question is what does it do when you hit the brake and don't have a llimiter??? What does it do when you let off the button? flash speed?

Comment

Put a glide in it. Have the converter built for your combo and goals for the car.

Comment

Originally posted by badass88gt View Post
          It seems to me that it is very loose on the motor. If your crusing along about 65mph, and let off the gas it will drop back to idle speed.
          ummmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
            Put a glide in it.
            Thats your favorite quote. You were probably born saying that.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
              Thats your favorite quote. You were probably born saying that.
              Your point?

Comment

Don't really have one
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  ummmmm....
                  Lol

Comment

lol

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                    ummmmm....

just going by what someone told me that rode in the car. I have no idea what to expect out of it, nor what the issue is. That would be why im asking people on here that seem to know more. If you really wanted to be helpful you could post your opinion of the problem, instead of trolling and making dumbass comments on what you think is funny. But after your comment, im sure i wouldn't really take anything you had to say seriously or into any consideration!

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
                      Put a glide in it. Have the converter built for your combo and goals for the car.

lol, that would be nice, but it still doesn't fix my ignorance on the automatic transmission. i have seen plenty of people go fast with a well built c4. My transmission has all the great peices in it. I just don't know how to tell exactly what the converter is doing, and if it is wrong or write!

Comment

just going by what someone told me that rode in the car. I have no idea what to expect out of it, nor what the issue is. That would be why im asking people on here that seem to know more. If you really wanted to be helpful you could post your opinion of the problem, instead of trolling and making dumbass comments on what you think is funny. But after your comment, im sure i wouldn't really take anything you had to say seriously or into any consideration!
                        Its a normal thing on this site.

And what its does when you let of the gas and goes back to idel is normal. Get a glide and a good converter

Comment

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                          Its a normal thing on this site.

And what its does when you let of the gas and goes back to idel is normal. Get a glide and a good converter
                          i know it's normal, but it gets old!

U think i have enough power for a glide. Won't it rob more power than a c4?

Comment

im guessing the converter isn't locked out at 65mph, and thats why it goes back down!

Comment

lol, that would be nice, but it still doesn't fix my ignorance on the automatic transmission. i have seen plenty of people go fast with a well built c4. My transmission has all the great peices in it. I just don't know how to tell exactly what the converter is doing, and if it is wrong or write!
                              Maybe its not the converter? Yes c4's can be built to go fast and many do. They also require a maintenance plan that can become pricy. Not knowing what has been done to the converter or the transmission its hard to give you a reason or cause behind your complaint. It may very well be acting exactly the way it was designed. Just for an example many Manual Valve Bodies are not designed to be driven on the street can you drive them on the street? Yes, but some are deigned to be raced as in run it thru the gears down the track and "neutral" when you lift. If you plan on banging thru the gears on the street you need a constant pressure VB or one that retains "engine braking".

I recommended a glide because it can be built for less money, requires much less maintenance, most of the time your car will be faster, its a very simple tranny as it only has 2 gears fast and faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X