Truck stuck in Park HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
    On most all newer cars if you turn the key to first position only it will let you move the gear selector without applying the brake.
    As long as the car has power. Too much stupid stuff on cars now.

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
      That's why I was saying turn it to the first position on the ignition switch, on most cars this does not "power up" the circuit that feeds the gear selector lock-out function. It appears that on some cars you may have to remove the fuse. Some others may require power to release the switch. Your right to much stupid shit on cars these days.

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
        Yeah I was able to turn key and shift it into N and started/moved truck into my garage to work on...
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Check the wiring going from the steering column to the shift lever. It will be a small harness with several wires going to the overdrive switch on the end of the shifter. You'll have to pull the column cover to see it. They are bad about chaffing and causing a short.

Sometimes its just a really small worn spot on the insulation. I'll usually wrap it with electrical tape and secure that area with a small ziptie.

Comment

After a few days truck is running fine and has not blown fuse anymore...I put a 10A instead of the recommended 5A
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Like I stated about, if it has problems again, check the area I said.

Comment

Working...
              X