Truck stuck in Park HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck stuck in Park HELP

Well I wake up this morning and realize my interior lights on my truck were not working when I hit the unlock button on my remote, then the windows will not roll up or down, I start my truck up and the damn thing will not come out of park. Any ideas of what it can be guys?

Its a 2002 F150 5.4L KR

T.I.A
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

dang. thats wierd bro. good luck!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I know Bro....

Thanks!
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Have you checked the fuses?

I think most cars now have an electronic interlock mechanism that will not allow it to shift out of park unless the brake is on. That electronic interlock may not be getting power.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
          I know Bro....

Thanks!
          brake lights coming on??? Prolly the brake switch. They had probs with those

Comment

I had the same thin happen on a 1994 Lightning. I changed the switch that screwed into the master cylinder. Not sure if you model uses the same set up. I changed the switch, and never had another problem.

Comment

90% sure it's a brake light switch.

Have someone else make sure your brake lights are coming on when you hit the pedal.

You can't get a modern transmission into gear without the brake being applied, so if the truck doesn't know you have the foot on the brake, it won't let you move.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

and then tomorrow have that removed from your tune
                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  90% sure it's a brake light switch.

Have someone else make sure your brake lights are coming on when you hit the pedal.

You can't get a modern transmission into gear without the brake being applied, so if the truck doesn't know you have the foot on the brake, it won't let you move.
                  On most all newer cars if you turn the key to first position only it will let you move the gear selector without applying the brake.

Comment

Thanks Guys...will check this when I get home today

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
                      On most all newer cars if you turn the key to first position only it will let you move the gear selector without applying the brake.
                      I've never seen that, but hey... you're the transmission guy.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        I've never seen that, but hey... you're the transmission guy.
                        It actually tells you this I'n the owners manual for mustang. My buddy had same problem in his 98. Saw it while looking up the brake light fuse. One of the few times an owners manual has actually helped other than fuses or capacities.

Comment

Found the problem...it was a 5A fuse in the fuse box located under the dash...changed it out and everything began working. Now the problem is that it's still popping that fuse.

Comment

Sounds like a short.
                            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
                              my camaro is the same way...

Comment

Working...
                              X