2013 5.0 exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    It does have a cam in it just like ever other motorout there these days. But with variable timing these cars have now they can be tuned to perform differently. There is more to it than just sound. But it figures you would have something negative to say about it like you do everything else.
    dude you KNOW you bitch more than i do on here. hell right now you are bitching about my opinion!

Comment

Here I come with a Steve on Steve comment. Circle of life complete!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        It does have a cam in it just like ever other motorout there these days. But with variable timing these cars have now they can be tuned to perform differently. There is more to it than just sound. But it figures you would have something negative to say about it like you do everything else.
        The choppy idle tunes are for just sound at idle, no performance gain whatsoever at idle Adjusting the timing in the useable rpm range is fine, but a tune to make it sound like it has an AM Camshaft(s) with more duration/lift, just like the powerstrokes/duramaxes now, DOES sound gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
          The choppy idle tunes are for just sound at idle, no performance gain whatsoever at idle Adjusting the timing in the useable rpm range is fine, but a tune to make it sound like it has an AM Camshaft(s) with more duration/lift, just like the powerstrokes/duramaxes now, DOES sound gay.
          That's cool if you don't want to do it to your car. Different strokes..

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
            axle back can definitely be done with jackstands. I'm guessing the catback would likely be able to as well.
            My experience with the many of catbacks i have installed on the new mustangs, i was never successful taking the tail pipes out without a lift. tried it on a hand full of different cars. now if you cut it then a lift isnt necessary.

Comment

Thank you for rescuing the tread from the other steve trolling. So if you hack up the stock piping no lift is needed? No problems getting the aftermarket exhaust in?
              sigpic
              '13 GT Boss302 intake, Lethal OR/X, Magnaflow Street catback
              99 Trans Am M6 little Voodoo cam some suspension stuff .....

Comment

Originally posted by JarHeadTex View Post
                Thank you for rescuing the tread from the other steve trolling. So if you hack up the stock piping no lift is needed? No problems getting the aftermarket exhaust in?
                I took my stock exhaust off and the new catback on with just jacks stands.
                2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

got the Magnaflow system installed....that was a bitch. It sounds good! The only thing is...the left muffler is pushed in as far as it will go and its still about 1 inch farther out than the right. I guess Ill just pull the right one out a bit.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JarHeadTex View Post
                    got the Magnaflow system installed....that was a bitch. It sounds good! The only thing is...the left muffler is pushed in as far as it will go and its still about 1 inch farther out than the right. I guess Ill just pull the right one out a bit.
                    You don't have the piping in far enough in where it hooks up to the h-pipe. Mine did the same thing.
                    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

ill try that tomorrow, thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X