• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob95 View Post
    how far are you willing to travel to get one
    If you are asking about going up to the Lubbock area I would consider it

Comment

i have a friend in louisville kentucky that deals in all the old mustang stuff

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
        I know this is off topic but how hard is it to get ahold of a 67-98 fastback that is worth fixing up ?
        Very difficult to find, and expensive. The "Eleanor" craze (GT500 clones) didn't help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rob95 View Post
          i have a friend in louisville kentucky that deals in all the old mustang stuff
          Mind shooting me their info?

Comment

Originally posted by 96mustangtx View Post
            I bought my 66 about 2.5 weeks ago down there and had it shipped out. I looked everywhere, every mustang forum known to man, ebay,classic dealers and craigslist. Craigslist is where I found mine. My dad went and looked at a few for me at Classic car Liquidators. They are straight up people and do not misrepresent what they have. They are not way overpriced like some, but you may find a similar car elsewhere for 1-2K cheaper if you wait.

1966 302 3spd with a few year old driver quality paint, solid floorpans, new tires, and completely upgraded stereo. The interior needs the front seats recovered (small tears) at some point, but as a whole I could drive it how it is for a few more years and still get compliments. I paid 2k+ less than what people were asking for compairable cars.

Take your time and search everywhere you can think of. There are great deals out there, but you still have to look out for the people who think their rusted out, torn down, inline 6 is worth its weight in gold.
            This is where I work, Call if I can help 903-891-0000

Comment

Just saw a rusted 1966 with an inline 6 that the person wanted $6,500 for. Did not run, needed new floor boards, lots of body work with paint, new interior. What kind of people will pay for that crap?

Comment

Rich people

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                  Just saw a rusted 1966 with an inline 6 that the person wanted $6,500 for. Did not run, needed new floor boards, lots of body work with paint, new interior. What kind of people will pay for that crap?
                  I have no idea. I've been browsing for a first generation to restore, and there are plenty of rust buckets priced through the roof. A straight complete shell is a pretty penny as well, but that's all I need. Glass and an 8.8 or 9' underneath and I'm happy.

Comment

Damn, makes me glad I own one!!
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      I have no idea. I've been browsing for a first generation to restore, and there are plenty of rust buckets priced through the roof. A straight complete shell is a pretty penny as well, but that's all I need. Glass and an 8.8 or 9' underneath and I'm happy.
                      There aren't very many with an 8.8 around. I have one using a mustang 8.8 rather than a narrowed explorer.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                        Damn, makes me glad I own one!!
                        Glad I own 3.

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        There aren't very many with an 8.8 around. I have one using a mustang 8.8 rather than a narrowed explorer.
                        Two of mine have 8.8s.

Comment

Working...
                        X