Best place to look for 65-67 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to look for 65-67 Mustang

As title says. Been out of the Mustang world for about 10 years so have to start over.

Looking for a car already done or one to work on?
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Work on, would live to find something with decent paint but not a deal breaker. Between my stepdad and I we probably have enough parts to get a good drivetrain started so it does not have to run.

Comment

I have a buddy that has a few of them. Where are you located? He is in burleson.

Comment

Rowlett but I am down in the Burleson about twice a week. How much I drive anywhere in DFW is local. What does he have?

Comment

64.5 Mustang

I have a 1964.5 coupe that I would be willing to part with that sounds like it may be up your alley. It just came out of paint about 3 months ago. It still has all the correct 64.5 parts, generator etc. Seats have been reupholstered, and I have all the interior parts and all of the glass etc to complete. Drivetrain is out of the car, but has an original 260 and c4 that can come with it. The 260 has a piston that needs to be replaced, but I have an extra standard bore piston for it. If you're interested I can snag pics while I'm at the shop this weekend.

Comment

Sure, shoot me some pics when you get a chance

Comment

check classiccarliquidators.com

Comment

I bought my 66 about 2.5 weeks ago down there and had it shipped out. I looked everywhere, every mustang forum known to man, ebay,classic dealers and craigslist. Craigslist is where I found mine. My dad went and looked at a few for me at Classic car Liquidators. They are straight up people and do not misrepresent what they have. They are not way overpriced like some, but you may find a similar car elsewhere for 1-2K cheaper if you wait.

1966 302 3spd with a few year old driver quality paint, solid floorpans, new tires, and completely upgraded stereo. The interior needs the front seats recovered (small tears) at some point, but as a whole I could drive it how it is for a few more years and still get compliments. I paid 2k+ less than what people were asking for compairable cars.

Take your time and search everywhere you can think of. There are great deals out there, but you still have to look out for the people who think their rusted out, torn down, inline 6 is worth its weight in gold.

Comment

Yeah I saw a few rust buckets that didn't run and people wanted $6k for, don't ask me what people are thinking.

Looks like I will be going with a 347 with an AOD that used to be in my stepdad's daily driver. The carb needs to be replaced but I will probably go through it to make sure everything is ok.

Comment

I know this is off topic but how hard is it to get ahold of a 67-98 fastback that is worth fixing up ?

Comment

I know where there is a 65, 302, A/C, auto, red with a black interior. It has decent paint, interior is nice, mainly needs the gaps adjusted. Last I knew, they only wanted like $6500 running and driving.

Comment

Do you have a dollar amount in mind for the purchase and the extent of work you want to do? I have a 65 coupe, 289, C4, A/C, PS and black Pony interior I'm thinking about selling. I've run out of steam on it. It's partially dissembled and in the paint stage.

Comment

I'm willing to pay what the car is worth. If its in mint condition I'll pay the price, if it needs work I'll pay accordingly. Like I said I would prefer something without an engine or trams but if a deal comes I'll hop all over it.

Comment

how far are you willing to travel to get one

Comment

Working...
                              X